Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lies We Believe About God

* Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar

Lies We Believe About God

"Lies We Believe About God" is the new book out by the universalist and false teacher... Paul Young... author of the book "The Shack" where a growing number of those claiming to be Christians get their theology from instead of God's written Word.

Here's a quote from Chapter 13 of his new book where you can see his full on embrace of universalism claiming everybody has been or will be saved:

So what is the Good News? What is the Gospel?

The Good News is not that Jesus has opened up the possibility of salvation and you have been invited to receive Jesus into your life. The Gospel is that Jesus has already included you into His life, into His relationship with God the Father, and into His anointing in the Holy Spirit. The Good News is that Jesus did this without your vote, and whether you believe it or not won't make it any less or more true.

What or who saves me? Either God did in Jesus, or I save myself. If, in any way, I participate in the completed act of salvation accomplished in Jesus, then my part is what actually saves me. Saving faith is not our faith, but the faith of Jesus.

God does not wait for my choice and then "save me." God has acted decisively and universally for all humankind. Now our daily choice is to either grow and participate in that reality or continue to live in the blindness of our own independence.

Are you suggesting that everyone is saved? That you believe in universal salvation?

That is exactly what I am saying!

Here's the truth: every person who has ever been conceived was included in the death, burial, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus. When Jesus was lifted up, God "dragged" all human beings to Himself (John 12: 32). Jesus is the Savior of all humankind, especially believers (1 Timothy 4: 10). Further, every single human being is in Christ (John 1: 3), and Christ is in them, and Christ is in the Father (John 14: 20). When Christ—the Creator in whom the cosmos was created—died, we all died. When Christ rose, we rose (2 Corinthians 5).
    This is scripture twisting in the highest order... and doesn't is sound so good??? satan has a materpiece in this guy and it's amazing how so many claiming to be Christian are buying in to The Shack and into universalistm. Carlton Pearson would be proud!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (03-15-2017)

The smart ones will cling to the Doctrine of Christ...

2 John 1:9-11
    Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
    If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
    For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds

1 Timothy 6:3-6
    If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
    He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
    Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself
    But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Romans 16:17,18
    Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
    For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Galatians 1:8-12
    But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
    For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
    But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man
    For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Some in error teach that Jesus taught the Levitical Law to the Jews... and what Jesus taught before the Cross is not applicable to Christians today

Luke 16:16
    The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

The goats and the sheep are being separated now... just like Jesus said would happen in the end times.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (03-15-2017)

Blog Entries
    Time is the revealer of truth and it was only a matter of time before Young revealed what he believed

So what is the Good News? What is the Gospel?

The Good News is not that Jesus has opened up the possibility of salvation and you have been invited to receive Jesus into your life. The Gospel is that Jesus has already included you into His life, into His relationship with God the Father, and into His anointing in the Holy Spirit. The Good News is that Jesus did this without your vote, and whether you believe it or not won’t make it any less or more true.

What or who saves me? Either God did in Jesus, or I save myself. If, in any way, I participate in the completed act of salvation accomplished in Jesus, then my part is what actually saves me. Saving faith is not our faith, but the faith of Jesus.

God does not wait for my choice and then “save me.” God has acted decisively and universally for all humankind. Now our daily choice is to either grow and participate in that reality or continue to live in the blindness of our own independence.

Are you suggesting that everyone is saved? That you believe in universal salvation?

That is exactly what I am saying!

Here’s the truth: every person who has ever been conceived was included in the death, burial, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus. When Jesus was lifted up, God “dragged” all human beings to Himself (John 12: 32). Jesus is the Savior of all humankind, especially believers (1 Timothy 4: 10). Further, every single human being is in Christ (John 1: 3), and Christ is in them, and Christ is in the Father (John 14: 20). When Christ—the Creator in whom the cosmos was created—died, we all died. When Christ rose, we rose (2 Corinthians 5)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (03-15-2017)

2 Peter 2:1 there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies

He's actually a Calvinistic Universalist, denying that choice is a determining factor in salvation like Calvinists do.

Blog Entries
    The title of his book is interesting.. "Lies We Believe About God "

Mmmmm.....so the evangelical church has been believing lies about God and he has the "truth" to set us free

Its becoming quite clear that the father of lies has gotten into his heart and it's now being revealed

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (03-15-2017)

I haven't read much of the Shack threads but it is clear to me that that book is well written, entertaining and emotionally pleasing. It caters well to ears that are itching to be scratched by something soothing. Sometimes ears itch because the itch hasn't been tended to in a proper manner. Some people need to hear clear teaching on the atonement and how to get saved, some about God the Father. Some need to broaden their horizons a bit without departing from correct doctrine. People wonder where motherliness and femininity is in this and have no clue that the church is described as a mother with her children or that God is described as having motherly affections at times. Which doesn't make him female, genderless or bigendered - the Jews of 2000 years ago were much more secure in their masculinity than we are today. That's why Jesus could describe his affections in terms of a mother hen without blinking.

Calvinistic Universalism is a strong deception. Actual Calvinists aren't that susceptible. It's a lot more dangerous to the pseudo-Arminian church goer who is taught to think more Calvinistically until his beliefs become Calvinistic at the core with an Arminian exterior (we choose but God directs that choice etc). Then it's a simple matter for the devil of making him choose unlimited rather than limited atonement, which can be easy to do since most people think that limited atonement sounds really silly.

Pseudo-Arminian
    Pseudo-Calvinist
    Calvinistic Universalist

"It's all about God's choice and of course he chooses us all"

No doubt, if what FT presented is true, the man is indeed a universalist. I did look over the contents on Amazon.com and was a little disturbed over the chapter titles. He believes that he is not a separation from God as one of the chapters stated. Not sure what he has to say about Jesus' saying "depart from me" in Matt. 25:41?
    Christ's Victory Bible Teaching Center
    Web site: http://www.cvbibleteachingcenter.org

Vindicating God Ministries
    (A Unique New Bible Teaching Ministry)
    Web site: http://www.vindicatinggod.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vindicatinggod
    Gab: https://gab.com/victoriousword
    Minds: https://www.minds.com/victoriousword/
    MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/troyedwards15

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to victoryword For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (03-15-2017), GodismyJudge (03-13-2017)

Not sure what he has to say about Jesus' saying "depart from me" in Matt. 25:41?
    He contradicts God's Word just like God's Word tells us would be happening in the end times... based on God's warnings, ALL popular teachers are suspect and their teachings must be compared to scripture.

Not doing this is why there is so much false teaching going around... people want their ears tickled, and there is a never ending supply of preachers who are will to do some tickling and make a lot of money in the process as well as gain notoriety.

Those that are not going back to the foundational teachings of Jesus and His Apostles (the ones in the Word of God, not these yahoos claiming to be apostles today, claiming they have new revelation not found in God's Book)... are being deceived.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

curly sue (03-13-2017), Ezekiel 33 (03-15-2017)

Blog Entries
    I have no confidence in Paul Young--PERIOD!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (03-15-2017)