Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Pretend this is your Facebook page

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boops View Post
    Well u dern tootin ...I love that kind of talkin..if u ever notice Yall, I type the way I talk, and I aint gonna stop, and yes I agree with that man, and I can say, we is as smart and intelligent as anybody on this planet... and I for one am gonna stay that way...

Near our drive is a 7200v trunkline (aerial) that feeds about 20 homes, mostly seasonal cottages. Early morning I heard a shotgun blast that made me jump. Power went out. So I drove the 3 miles to the nearest cell zone to make a call. The power truck scanned the lines and homes, pulled in to tell me it was a red squirrel that touched the wrong wires and fried. We both had a laugh.

In talking with the young man he told me he and wife live nearby and used to attend our church a few years back and left when the bad stuff happened. The smile on his face when finding out he was talking to the new pastor was priceless. He said he heard good reports and his parting words were “dont be surprised if they pop in soon”. Divine appointments.

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

A.J. (05-28-2018), diakonos777 (01-19-2021), FresnoJoe (08-07-2019), fuego (05-28-2018), John (05-28-2018), Romans828 (05-28-2018)

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Near our drive is a 7200v trunkline (aerial) that feeds about 20 homes, mostly seasonal cottages. Early morning I heard a shotgun blast that made me jump. Power went out. So I drove the 3 miles to the nearest cell zone to make a call. The power truck scanned the lines and homes, pulled in to tell me it was a red squirrel that touched the wrong wires and fried. We both had a laugh.

In talking with the young man he told me he and wife live nearby and used to attend our church a few years back and left when the bad stuff happened. The smile on his face when finding out he was talking to the new pastor was priceless. He said he heard good reports and his parting words were “dont be surprised if they pop in soon”. Divine appointments.
    I just love a happy ending! (not the squirrel, bless its heart)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lista For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (05-28-2018)

Blog Entries
    You don’t want me to pretend this is Facebook here.

I’ve got too many folks starting drama on my page

Quote Originally Posted by Pentecali View Post
    You don’t want me to pretend this is Facebook here.

I’ve got too many folks starting drama on my page

Yeah. "Folks."

His name starts with an "m" and ends with an "ark."

A beautiful spring morning. Getting ready to finish the rear brake work on the GMC I started last night. Things are going to get busy with truck and camper prep for the Yooper tour in July.

Hey @Fuego we have in our area a pit BBQ smokehouse that has the rep of 22yrs of national level pit championships. Tonight we shared a “side” of pork belly burnt ends. Yowza.

Pretend this is your Facebook page-5f5145ee-ce3b-470a-8246-8cbc351807db-jpg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    Hey @Fuego we have in our area a pit BBQ smokehouse that has the rep of 22yrs of national level pit championships. Tonight we shared a "side" of pork belly burnt ends. Yowza.

Pretend this is your Facebook page-5f5145ee-ce3b-470a-8246-8cbc351807db-jpg
    Nice. We have a BBQ place here in Atlanta that has pork belly burnt ends every Saturday. They have regular brisket burnt ends once a week too, but they douse them in a real sweet BBQ sauce which I don't like. Give me my burnt ends plain and if I want sauce on them I'll put it on myself. They don't put any sauce on the pork belly burnt ends.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FireBrand (08-12-2018), FresnoJoe (08-07-2019)

You would most likely not like the political stuff I post let alone what I write about it........ (hint, I did not vote for a female president).

Beloved~!