Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

Thread: Yay, I'm going to Israel

  1. #31
    Senior Member peace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Fredrikstad, Norway
    Posts
    478
    Thanked: 310
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Wow....that sounds wonderful....the House of Prayer...
    Yes, it was indeed good. I got a prophetic greeting from a lady and she spoke so accurately into my situation. It was very encouraging. She said words that have been spoken over me before, too, it is very private, and helped me look forward and not inward where there's still a lot of sad emotions. I know God has planned beauty for ashes and the oil of gladness instead of mourning.

    It was so great to see all the young people who came there to pray. The last evening a whole bunch of Korean teenagers came pouring in. There was also a harp school there and quite something to have 12 harps playing along as we worshipped and sang.

    Name:  DSC_0020.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  60.6 KB
    Last edited by peace; 04-13-2017 at 05:37 PM.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    .. and hey, I found my very own little place in the garden of GethsemaneAttachment 2158
    Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    ...I got a prophetic greeting from a lady and she spoke so acCurately into my situation. It was very encouraging. She said words that have been spoken over me before, too, it is very private, and helped me look forward and not inward where there's still a lot of sad emotions. I know God has planned beauty for ashes and the oil of gladness instead of mourning.
    Aww...how cool! Keep those pics and stories coming!
    Last edited by peace; 04-13-2017 at 05:36 PM.

  3. #33
    Senior Member Tehilah Ba'Aretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    372
    Thanked: 367
    I'm glad you got up to Bethany and Tom Hess's house of prayer. I was at the foot of the hill, at Beit Pagi, two days ago with a small tour group. Did you get into the little Catholic chapel there? The burial place of Lazareth is only a couple hundred meters to the East.
    Pity you didn't let me know you were nearby. I've had a lot of evenings free in Jerusalem in the last month. Three tour groups all staying in Jerusalem and doing day trips all over the country. One was one of my more interesting groups too. I had four officers from a US navy ship that was in port in Haifa for four days. I got to tour their ship too.

  4. #34
    Senior Member peace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Fredrikstad, Norway
    Posts
    478
    Thanked: 310
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehilah Ba'Aretz View Post
    I'm glad you got up to Bethany and Tom Hess's house of prayer. I was at the foot of the hill, at Beit Pagi, two days ago with a small tour group. Did you get into the little Catholic chapel there? The burial place of Lazareth is only a couple hundred meters to the East.
    Pity you didn't let me know you were nearby. I've had a lot of evenings free in Jerusalem in the last month. Three tour groups all staying in Jerusalem and doing day trips all over the country. One was one of my more interesting groups too. I had four officers from a US navy ship that was in port in Haifa for four days. I got to tour their ship too.

    I don't think we saw the burial place of Lazarus, but we did go to a small chapel at the foot of the hill. You know, there were so many churches and chapels I simply don't remember everything although I made A LOT of notes. So I definitely need to come back :) Our guide was called Elin Elkouby, a Norwegian who is married to a Jew. Perhaps you've bumped into her? She was familiar with Bridges of Peace.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Tehilah Ba'Aretz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    372
    Thanked: 367
    Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    I don't think we saw the burial place of Lazarus, but we did go to a small chapel at the foot of the hill. You know, there were so many churches and chapels I simply don't remember everything although I made A LOT of notes. So I definitely need to come back :) Our guide was called Elin Elkouby, a Norwegian who is married to a Jew. Perhaps you've bumped into her? She was familiar with Bridges of Peace.
    Few guides tour the Bethany (Beit Pagi) chapel. The art on the walls is wonderful. I don't recognize your guide's name. However, all guides take "Updater" classes every year. We'll probably run into each other eventually.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Chevrolet Malibu warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.