Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Romans 10:11 & 10:13 false scriptures?

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    You only responded to 'not it don't with a 'yes it does'. Help us understand by responding to this part of Colonel's post..

"Why bother to pray when God's sovereign will comes to pass regardless? Are you trying to alter his sovereign will? Meaning it would have turned out as being different if you didn't pray?"
    Why bother to pray for the unsaved, praying that God will save them when (1) He can't, it's their choise or (2) it will mean God has to interfere with their choises to not believe?

We pray because God wants us to, commands us to.

We're not fatalists, and we're not puppets, as I said earlier "although God ordained things they (or a lot anyway) happen as a result of our will". So what God says pray we do (or we don't), which God ordained all along anyway. But if God says "pray" and we don't we're responsible for that and will be held so.

Quote Originally Posted by FunFromOz View Post
    ...God ordained I'd write this (including the mispellings I have to correct) yet at the same time it's my choise to do it. It's not "either or", it's both.
    That entire post is one of the most ridiculous, twisted things I have ever heard.

And then to lay it off on God...

Here are the words of our Lord...

Luke 13:34 (YLT)
    'Jerusalem, Jerusalem, that is killing the prophets, and stoning those sent unto her, how often did I will to gather together thy children, as a hen her brood under the wings, and ye did not will.
    This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity (futility) of their mind, having the understanding darkened...
    (Ephesians 4:17-18)

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...
    (Psalm 1)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GodismyJudge For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (10-24-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    There are many things that God has sovereignly ordained can only be done when people have faith, obey his Word, pray etc etc.
    I don't think you understand "ordained" TT. If God has ordained co-dependant things then those co-dependant things will happen.

ok...what if someone gets offended or discouraged and doesn't pray over a specific issue

Can it stop God's will being done in that specific incident
    You mean, perhaps, like Jonah?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bookman For This Useful Post:

FunFromOz (10-22-2016)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    You mean, perhaps, like Jonah?
    or like Israel who were supposed to enter the promised land early after leaving Egypt and it took 40 years and millions died without making it into Canaan.

Gods ordained destiny was not fulfilled by millions

or like Israel who were supposed to enter the promised land early after leaving Egypt and it took 40 years and millions died without making it into Canaan.

Gods ordained destiny was not fulfilled by millions
    It happened exactly as it was ordained TT.

"These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come" (1Cor 10:11).

Paul didn't say that these things happened and so can be used as an example for us but that they happened and were recorded so that we would have the examples, the warnings. God put Israel (the millions of them) through the desert experience for us, for you, so that we, you, could look back at what happened and learn from it.

Why bother to pray for the unsaved, praying that God will save them when (1) He can't, it's their choise or (2) it will mean God has to interfere with their choises to not believe?
    When are you going to quit pretending that anyone here doesn't believe in prevenient grace ? You sound like a machine that grinds out anti-Arminian stuff like in that meme you posted about "man's sovereignty", pitting Calvinism against a belief that hardly exists.

It happened exactly as it was ordained TT.

"These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come" (1Cor 10:11).

Paul didn't say that these things happened and so can be used as an example for us but that they happened and were recorded so that we would have the examples, the warnings. God put Israel (the millions of them) through the desert experience for us, for you, so that we, you, could look back at what happened and learn from it.
    He isn't referring to what they did as if God made them do it, he is referring to the acts of judgement that came upon them, which was a reaction to what they themselves decided to do.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (10-23-2016), Ezekiel 33 (10-24-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    which was a reaction to what they themselves decided to do.
    Which was ordained by God.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    When are you going to quit pretending that anyone here doesn't believe in prevenient grace ?
    Which one, I've found four versions so far and who knows, you may come up with yet another.