Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'We Only Tip Citizens' Story Is Complicated, And Virtually Everyone Got It Dead Wrong

Blog Entries
    FO

You now I mostly agree with you but I have to ask

In the initial thread you started about this story you assumed the couple were racists and inspired by Trumpism
    Now that we know the couple are Hispanic and Black do you feel you 'jumped the gun' by your own personal distaste for Trump
    Did you assume that they were a white couple?

The truth is the media are looking for any reason to attack Trump...sadly he gives them good reasons with his childish and pompous behaviour

I admit I have a personal distaste for Hillary and so I have to be careful not to believe everything said about her but only the facts

BTW there is no doubt that there are racists in the US who want Trump to win but not everyone should be branded racist who support Trump...not saying you do that

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    FO

You now I mostly agree with you but I have to ask

In the initial thread you started about this story you assumed the couple were racists and inspired by Trumpism
    Now that we know the couple are Hispanic and Black do you feel you 'jumped the gun' by your own personal distaste for Trump

Did you assume that they were a white couple?

To be honest, I did.

The truth is the media are looking for any reason to attack Trump...sadly he gives them good reasons with his childish and pompous behaviour Yes he does

I admit I have a personal distaste for Hillary and so I have to be careful not to believe everything said about her but only the facts

BTW there is no doubt that there are racists in the US who want Trump to win but not everyone should be branded racist who support Trump...not saying you do that

Thank you, I am certainly NOT saying that.

I still stand by what I said re: Trump: that he is bringing out the absolute WORST in people who seemingly want America to go back to some ideal of when it WAS "great"...how you (general "you") interpret that is on you...interesting that he will be interviewed by some black megapastor here in Detroit on Sunday on the Impact (cable) Network. Now some of you may be thinking " well FOOOOOO.....he IS coming to a predominately Black city to do a sit-down interview with a Black pastor( who is kinda on the questionable spectrum himself, but that's another topic), I could give zero farts about that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Cardinal TT (09-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    The only problem I have with that, FO, is that God orchestrating it means He also, in that, planned to ruin two other people by blessing her... we really can't jump to that conclusion because we don't know if any of them are believers. (And I haven't commented in this thread at all up till now.)
    the two people supposedly "ruined" brought it on themselves, IF IF IF they did do what has been reported (even sadder that they are reportedly Hispanic and Black)..Judas did something far worse but apparently God had a plan for that scenario as well, didn't He?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    I could give zero farts about that.
    Ok good for you....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (09-02-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Ok good for you....

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That story was always fishy, the mad stream media floats a version of the same plot every few months. They almost always end up being bogus.
    Something kept bothering me about that story when it first broke too. I kept thinking that if I "KNEW" that restaurant hired illegals I wouldn't hold it against the worker, I would hold it against the owner and just not patronize the business.

So, if we wanna play whodunit, I would eliminate the patron because she is Hispanic, speaks in broken English and she herself might have even been accused of being an illegal in the past. The waitress would be foolish to do it because if she wrote that at time the receipt was turned in she would have known that the couple was black and Hispanic and that if it was investigated further down the line the accusation against them wouldn't fly.

So, who else had access to the receipt? Any of the other employees who turned in their receipts that day and the owner of the restaurant when he cashed out. I'm thinking it was probably just a cutesy prank by one of the other workers that took a bad turn but who knows, I suppose its also possible that the owner might have done it just to garner publicity for his restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    the two people supposedly "ruined" brought it on themselves, IF IF IF they did do what has been reported (even sadder that they are reportedly Hispanic and Black)..Judas did something far worse but apparently God had a plan for that scenario as well, didn't He?
    Someone had to sell out Jesus. Judas' heart was where God needed him to be.

I think the IF IF IF that you typed says it all.

It's completely a she said - they said. Only the person who wrote on the receipt knows the truth. Them and God.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (09-02-2016)

I think the take away from all these stories is to write "I left your tip on the table" in the tip spot!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

curly sue (09-02-2016), FaithfulOne (09-02-2016)

The story never should have been written and published without seriously investigating it. It's really pretty much a non-story any ways.

If the customer did not write that on the check, a lot of people could be losing a lot of money. The waitress could lose anything she gained from others through the story and a whole lot more.

This use of media and social media for public shaming is wrong. Think of how our Lord addressed the crowd who brought the adulteress woman forward.
    See avatar for signature

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papabrett For This Useful Post:

A.J. (09-02-2016), FaithfulOne (09-02-2016)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by papabrett View Post
    This use of media and social media for public shaming is wrong.
    Bingo. This has become the norm since social media has become prevalent.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (09-02-2016)