The Three R's Continued...Righteousness, Redemption, and Restoration

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),” Galatians 3:13

We've discussed the first of the three "R's" which is Righteousness. We learned that we who have accepted Christ into our heart have been made righteous with God. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

Today we'll discuss our redemption in Christ. In our text scripture, we read that Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law (the Law God gave through Moses that said we will suffer sickness, poverty, and death if we disobey Him); verse 14 tells us why He redeemed us:

“...that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”

The blessing of Abraham refers to his being made right with God because of His faith in God. We were made right with God when we believed in (by faith) His Son Jesus Christ.

When Jesus gave Himself to be sacrificed for us, the price was paid for the sin Adam committed in the Garden of Eden which passed onto all mankind. (Genesis 3:1-19)

Webster's 1828 Dictionary defines redemption thusly...

"Repurchase of captured goods or prisoner's; the act of procuring the deliverance of persons or things from the possession or power of captors by the payment of an equivalent ransom..."

Hallelujah! Glory to God! Christ has procured our deliverance! Satan no longer has us prisoner, his power over us BROKEN! We've been delivered from his grips and Christ gave us authority over him and his minions!

Whoo-hoo! Amen somebody! I done preached myself happy! I pray this message has blessed you as well! We'll continue our discussion tomorrow. Until then...REJOICE! and shout...I AM THE REDEEMED OF THE LORD! ➕Redemption-image-jpg

Scripture Reference: Colossians 1:14...Deuteronomy 21:23...Luke 10:19