Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Why I Had To Apostatize

Banned
    Blog Entries

-
    †. Gen 6:5-8 . .Then Yhvh saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And Yhvh regretted that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

. . . So He said: I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I regret making them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of Yhvh.

This is the very first instance of grace in the Bible. The Hebrew word is chen (khane) and means: graciousness. The important thing in Gen 6:8 is that Yhvh didn't find chen in Noah's eyes; no, just the opposite-- Noah found chen in Yhvh's eyes; but what does that mean?

You know, the human face is very expressive. You can tell in an instant whether somebody is going to treat you nicely, and you can also tell if they are going to be difficult. Sometimes people look at you through eyes narrowed and squinted so tightly that you can't even see their pupils; and even if you do, they look like little chips of black flint.

Other times, when people are in a rage, they glare at you with a look that can only be described as a passionate desire to rip your head off with their bare hands and cook it on the stove.

And then there's the look of indifference; a blank, disconnected expression that tells you a person wishes you would just go away and stop bothering them. Those expressions (and more we could describe) are definitely not eyes of grace.

But when Noah looked at Yhvh's face; he could tell instantly that Yhvh was disposed to be helpful.

When the Dead stand before Christ at the Great White Throne (Rev 20:11-15) each in their turn; and look into his eyes, they are not going to see the face of a friend nor of someone disposed to be helpful; no, they are going to see a look on Christ's face that will chill them to the bone as they instantly realize that the sweet little sugar-coated momma's boy they were led to believe wouldn't swat a fly is now on the very brink of casting them alive and head-long into a reservoir of flaming liquid; and not with an attitude of judicial indifference, but with an attitude of extreme prejudice.

†. Luke 4:18-19 . .The Spirit of The Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent me to heal the broken-hearted; to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind; to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of The Lord.

When Jesus quoted that passage from Isa 61:1-2, he left out the portion that didn't pertain to his first visit. Here's the part that pertains to his return.

"To proclaim . . the day of vengeance of our God."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Banned
    Blog Entries

-
    Were you to ask John Q and Jane Doe pew warmer if sinners are saved by grace; they would probably answer YES, that is; if they've been properly catechized. However, what they really mean is that grace makes it possible for them to be saved by works; viz: in their minds; Christ's crucifixion protects sinners from facing justice only if they prove themselves worthy of it.

For example: Abraham proved himself worthy of being called God's friend, and a believer in God's promises, by offering his son Isaac as a human sacrifice.

†. Jas 2:21-24 . . Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works. Thus the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called "the friend of God." See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone?

That passage in James' writings appears to contradict Paul's.

†. Rom 4:1-5 . .What then can we say that Abraham found, our ancestor according to the flesh? Indeed, if Abraham was justified on the basis of his works, he has reason to boast; but this was not so in the sight of God. For what does the scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." A worker's wage is credited not as a gift, but as something due. But when one does not work, yet believes in the one who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.

†. Rom 5:6-10 . . For Christ, while we were still helpless, yet died at the appointed time for the ungodly. Indeed, only with difficulty does one die for a just person, though perhaps for a good person one might even find courage to die. But God proves his love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us. How much more then, since we are now justified by his blood, will we be saved through him from the wrath. Indeed, if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, how much more, once reconciled, will we be saved by his life.

†. Eph 2:8-9 . . For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you; it is the gift of God; it is not from works, so no one may boast.

Poorly-trained pew warmers are often stumped by the seeming contradiction between Paul and James; and it's usually because they're unaware that some of the same words that they use are ambiguous.

Take for example the word "justification". It can mean acquitted of guilt, and/or it can simply mean vindication. For example if you were accused of being God's friend, and of believing His promises: would your actions prove the accusations true? Well; Abraham's could; and did.

Another ambiguous word is "save".

†. Jas 2:14 . . What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?

A study of "salvation" throughout the Bible reveals that it doesn't eo ipso pertain to hell and/or the wrath of God. Mostly it pertains to providence; which can be roughly defined as the benefits of God's kindly patronage; which plays out in preservation, support, guidance, and assistance, etc. The Old Testament is loaded with stories of God's providence. Well; providence is conditional. In other words: one's conduct has an effect upon the amount of kindly patronage that God sends their way. For example:

†. Php 2:12-13 . . So then, my beloved, obedient as you have always been, not only when I am present but all the more now when I am absent, work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For God is the one who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work.

The Philippian believers did not have to worry about hell. According to Php 1:1 and 1:6, they were already marked out for safety in heaven. And besides, the Paul who penned Php 2:12-13 is the very same Paul who penned Rom 4:1-5, Rom 5:6-1, and Eph 2:8-9. So in order to harmonize his writings, we simply have to conclude that Php 2:12-13 is not talking about hell and the wrath of God, but rather, about obtaining His providence.

Hey Webers, didn't ya miss us? Did you wonder where we went? ;)

Banned
    Blog Entries

-
    Q: I'm considering becoming a Catholic. What do you think?

A: I strongly advise intelligent inquirers to consult non Catholic, independent sources of information about the religion of Roman Catholicism. In spiritual matters pertaining to heaven and hell; one cannot be too cautious considering the potentially grave consequences for choosing unwisely.

Q: What's wrong with attending the Church's RCIA classes?

A: The Church's conduct, past and present, has easily demonstrated that it cannot be trusted to be honest about itself. Seeking the truth about Catholicism from the Church is about as reliable as seeking the truth about North Korea from Kim Jong Un.

CCC 1782 . . Man has the right to act in conscience, and in freedom, so as personally to make moral decisions. He must not be forced to act contrary to his conscience. Nor must he be prevented from acting according to his conscience, especially in religious matters.

That paragraph from the catechism of the Catholic Church acknowledges everyone's rights and freedoms in regard to selecting a religion of their own personal choice. However, be aware that once you join the Catholic Church, you will be relinquishing those rights.

You will be placed under the jurisdiction of Rome, which is a theocratic form of government with Christ supposedly at its head; and you will be expected to fully comply with everything in the Catechism, plus all of Rome's traditions, and every Bull, every Holy Day of Obligation, every Encyclical plus all of the Sermon On The Mount and everything taught in the epistles of Paul, Peter, James, Jude, and John; along with every ruling of Rome's Church Councils including Nicaea 1 & 2, Constantinople 1 & 2 & 3, Ephesus, Chalcedon, Lateran 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5, Lyons 1 & 2, Vienne, Constance, Florence, Trent, and Vaticans 1 & 2.

In addition, you will not be permitted to either interpret, or apply, the Holy Bible's teachings sans hierarchy oversight.

CCC 85 . .The task of giving an authentic interpretation of the Word of God, whether in its written form or in the form of Tradition, has been entrusted to the living teaching office of the Church alone. Its authority in this matter is exercised in the name of Jesus Christ." This means that the task of interpretation has been entrusted to the bishops in communion with the successor of Peter, the Bishop of Rome.

Rome will have the final say in all matters pertaining to your faith and practices.

†. Matt 16:19 . .And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Therefore, refusal to comply with Rome's directions and decisions is rebellion against the Christ of Catholicism, and merits punishment; even to the extent of excommunication.

†. Matt 18:17 . . If he refuses to listen even to the Church, treat him as you would a pagan or one who collaborates with the enemy.

If a candidate for Roman Catholic membership is unsure that they can fully comply with all that the Church demands, and all that the Church teaches and stands for; then they might want to consider looking for a version of Christianity that's a bit more accommodating: like maybe Christ's version.

†. Matt 11:28-30 . . Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.

Banned
    Blog Entries

-
    COMMON ATTITUDE: Although there are many things about which you speak that I cannot refute; deep down I know you are wrong even though I can't prove it. And anyway, all you've really done is manipulate the Scriptures to support your own personal beliefs. I will never leave the Roman Catholic Church. I am stronger in my Catholic beliefs now than ever before.

RESPONSE: People in that state of mind have gone and done the very same thing that an obstinate Pharaoh did when he went toe to toe with Moses in the book of Exodus. They've stiffened their resolve; so that no matter what Rome's critics say now, they'll never give in.

†. Mark 3:22-30 . . And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said: He is possessed by Beelzebub! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.

. . . So Jesus called them and spoke to them in parables. How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house.

. . . I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

Matthew's version says that Jesus "knew their thoughts". So then, he was fully aware of which among the Pharisees were convinced in their own mind that Jesus was a Divine agent; given miraculous powers from God, and commissioned by God for a special purpose.

According to Nicodemus (John 3:1-2) there were a number of Pharisees who knew very well that Jesus was on the up-and-up. Most of them never admitted to it of course because they were obtuse-- the natural result of being seriously infected with a spirit of rivalry, envy, spite, and religious pride and elitism.

Their remark that Christ is in league with the Devil, was all the same as slandering God's spirit because Christ spoke in the power of the Spirit.

†. John 3:34 . . For he is sent by God. He speaks God's words, for God's Spirit is upon him without measure or limit.

Theirs wasn't an innocent mistake; no, they deliberately suppressed the voice of their own conscience, and fiercely contradicted their own better judgment; which only serves to illustrate just how sadly lacking in integrity that many of Christ's opponents really are. They not only can't be true with God, but they can't even be true to themselves. When people get to that point, their afterlife destiny is pretty much set in concrete.

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Hey Webers, didn't ya miss us? Did you wonder where we went? ;)
    Apparently not.