Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Spiritual Coverings

* Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I'm not discussing the other verses. I'm discussing verse 3. It is directly spoken to the readers by Paul. So you don't believe 'I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God'? Paul doesn't preface that comment with any qualification as to what he said is 'custom'. So not sure what you are getting at.
    That's "sexist" in today's church.

satan has done a work of feminizing the church were women lead in many cases and men follow the women.

That's not God's order... which is why the NT says women cannot be pastors.

Several years ago the Lord instructed me to travel with my wife whenever she is going to be speaking to groups of people. It's not so much to be a covering as to bless her. I also act as a shield at times and much more often I act as a servant. She doesn't need a slave and God has anointed and appointed her. Basically, I'm along for the ride most of the time. Actually, I have my own jobs that coincide with her's.
    The thing is, in some churches they question the fact that a woman is a leader in a huge organization and is both expounding and teaching scripture. The fact that I stand with her seems to settle their nerves somewhat. They see that while I could exercise authority as her husband and forbid her to stand instead I bless her and stand with her. For my part I think that opposing what God has appointed her to do would be incredibly stupid.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tehilah Ba'Aretz For This Useful Post:

A.J. (07-11-2016), curly sue (07-08-2016), FaithfulOne (07-08-2016), Quest (07-12-2016), Valiant Woman (07-13-2016)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehilah Ba'Aretz View Post
    Several years ago the Lord instructed me to travel with my wife whenever she is going to be speaking to groups of people. It's not so much to be a covering as to bless her. I also act as a shield at times and much more often I act as a servant. She doesn't need a slave and God has anointed and appointed her. Basically, I'm along for the ride most of the time. Actually, I have my own jobs that coincide with her's.
    The thing is, in some churches they question the fact that a woman is a leader in a huge organization and is both expounding and teaching scripture. The fact that I stand with her seems to settle their nerves somewhat. They see that while I could exercise authority as her husband and forbid her to stand instead I bless her and stand with her. For my part I think that opposing what God has appointed her to do would be incredibly stupid.

Most believers can accept that God raises up anointed women to minister and a smart husband will support his wife. As long as they use wisdom and have unity then all will go well.

Just like some men there are definitely some Christian women who want a position of prominence which God has not given and this will cause major trouble to their marriage and bring problems where they minister.

Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Totally disagree with her that husbands are not the covering of the wife

In regard to pastors being your spiritual covering there are elements of truth but it should not be taken to extremes as then it becomes control

A pastor is shepherd and the shepherd is supposed to watch over the sheep and love and protect them. If you belong to a church you automatically come under the covering of the pastors who are given an anointing for your well being and growth.

Sadly pastors can abuse this

The other side of the coin is an independent rebellious spirit where Christians don't want to submit to anyone

With due respect I wouldn't allow this lady to speak at any church I was pastoring

Blog Entries
    CATCHY :BigHug:

Love you back, you furry beast, you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Totally disagree with her that husbands are not the covering of the wife

In regard to pastors being your spiritual covering there are elements of truth but it should not be taken to extremes as then it becomes control

A pastor is shepherd and the shepherd is supposed to watch over the sheep and love and protect them. If you belong to a church you automatically come under the covering of the pastors who are given an anointing for your well being and growth.

Sadly pastors can abuse this

The other side of the coin is an independent rebellious spirit where Christians don't want to submit to anyone

With due respect I wouldn't allow this lady to speak at any church I was pastoring
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeze View Post
    CATCHY :BigHug:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehilah Ba'Aretz View Post
    I believe that is what a spiritual covering does..you affirm her call and giftings. When women defy their husbands who may not be on board with their 'calling' for whatever reason they risk being like Eve...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    That's "sexist" in today's church.

satan has done a work of feminizing the church were women lead in many cases and men follow the women.

That's not God's order... which is why the NT says women cannot be pastors.
    Actually if you are using the passage regarding authority women cannot be called by God to Pastor, Evangelist, Prophet, Apostle or Teach (other than women and children). Do you see exceptions for any of those? What about Deborah?
    I think she is a perfect example because she understood the role of male and female and as a leader she shamed the men by asking them, 'Do you want it to be said that a woman won the battle?' Paraphrased...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (07-13-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    ...which is why the NT says women cannot be pastors.
    Where (chapter & verse), does it say in the NT that "women cannot be pastors?"
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

* Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant Woman View Post
    Where (chapter & verse), does it say in the NT that "women cannot be pastors?"
    Sounds like some folk have convinced themselves using the carnal wisdom of man / wisdom of this world that it's OK for women to be pastors and to teach men.

It all depends on how much of the Word of the Living God you are going to accept and walk in, and which parts you are going to, thru your words / thoughts / actions, tell the Lord that have decided to reject...

1 Timothy 2:9-13
    In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
    But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
    Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
    But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
    For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

1 Timothy 3:1-5
    This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
    A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
    Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
    One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
    (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Women should be teaching women, not men...

Titus 2:3-5
    The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
    That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
    To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

There is a reason why Jesus did not select any women to be apostles.

Nothing personal against women, but it's amazing how many folks who say they are serious Christians reject the parts of God's Word that they do not find convenient for them.