Thread: Walking by our Feelings

Walking by our Feelings

Walking by our feelings is like walking through the world with our heart on our sleeve. We are bound to be hurt, and we are bound to be disappointed, for we live in a fallen world. What we choose to do with that hurt and disappointment will either allow us to grow stronger in our walk with the Lord or it will mean that we are walking wounded. Both outcomes are our choice. God makes it possible for us to walk through the disappointments in life with a knowledge that His provision for us works. His grace and His comfort are ours as we rest in Him. Every born-again child of God has all of these provisions and blessings in Christ, but we have to choose to utilize them. It is sort of like having a million dollars in the bank and choosing to starve to death because we don't use that money to buy food. It is also true that we cannot use what we do not know. Therefore, it behooves every believer to "know" the God who knows us and loves us, and that means more than a devotional reading of God Word but study that changes our perspective (2 Timothy 3:16-17) and allows us to face life armed with real understanding about the reality of walking by faith.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to geemajudy For This Useful Post:

krystian (06-25-2016)

Good post! Only this week David's "Unto Thee, o Lord, will I lift up my soul" got a whole new meaning to me. I have been thinking of this verse as in "I will lift up my soul in praise", but now I started to think how important it is to lift up my soul to the Lord and let Him shine through it ... there may be hurt feelings, disappointment, discouragement etc. but they must not be allowed to linger. I am a person with a very strong inner strength ... why? ... because Christ lives in me, and I choose to draw from that fact instead of counting on¨my own natural resources. "Christ in us" is such a huge and wonderful truth.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to peace For This Useful Post:

krystian (06-25-2016)

That is one of my favorite song's to sing as I'm walking through the house doing whatever I'm doing. The enemy will not triumph over me. Now I have this running through my head and I can't stop singing it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by geemajudy View Post
    ... Every born-again child of God has all of these provisions and blessings in Christ, but we have to choose to utilize them... It is also true that we cannot use what we do not know.
    Quote Originally Posted by peace View Post
    ...I am a person with a very strong inner strength ... why? ... because Christ lives in me, and I choose to draw from that fact instead of counting on¨my own natural resources. "Christ in us" is such a huge and wonderful truth.
    Good posts, they're reminding me of a passage Pastor used in church last week from the book of Philemon, verse 6:

6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

If we're in Christ everything we need is already available thru Him, we just need to realize it and use it.