Thread: 'Hell No!' Cashier refuses to serve Trump backers

Blog Entries

'Hell No!' Cashier refuses to serve Trump backers

Shannon Riggs and her cousins were famished after attending a Donald Trump rally last week in Richmond, Va., so they decided to drop by Cook Out – a regional restaurant chain known for its tasty burgers.

The group was decked out in Trump swag – from T-shirts to those iconic red hats emblazoned with the campaign's slogan: "Make America Great Again."

Click here to join Todd's American Dispatch: a must-read for conservatives!

But apparently the cashier at the Cook Out in Colonial Heights does not believe Trump can make America great again. Nor do they believe his supporters deserve to eat Cook Out hamburgers.

Riggs explained what happened during the June 10 incident to television station WTVR.

"As soon as we got to the window, someone inside said 'Hell no! I'm not serving them,'" she recounted.

They were denied service simply for being Trump supporters!

"You should not be discriminated (against) based on who you support, whether it be for Bernie, Hillary or Mr. Trump," Ms Riggs told the television station.

The folks at Cook Out disputed the notion that they denied the family service. A company spokesperson told me the manager on duty "immediately had someone else take the customer's order."

But while the family waited for their order – they said other workers laughed at them. Disgusted, they demanded a refund and left the restaurant.

"Once you witness discrimination first hand, it's a totally different experience," 16-year-old Lauren Wolfrey told the television station. "I was in a state of shock.

"They had this sense of anger," she added. "They were just really rude to us."

Cook Out conceded the employee violated their policy on rudeness.

"The manager on duty apologized and granted the customer a refund," the spokesperson said. "The employee that was rude was immediately terminated per policy."

The folks at Cook Out tell me they gladly feed everybody regardless of political affiliation – Republican or Democrat.

"This was an isolated action of a single person and does not represent the principles on which Cook Out operates," the spokesperson told me. "To deny anyone from eating at one of our restaurants would never cross our mind and of course, would be totally ludicrous."

Now had this been an isolated incident -- it would not be all that newsworthy. But there is a very disturbing pattern emerging this political season.

Trump supporters have been consistently and methodically bullied and intimidated - beaten and bloodied.

Remember what happened in San Jose, Calif., – when an angry mob brutally assaulted and terrorized his fans?

The effort to silence supporters of Donald Trump is not just outrageous. It's unconstitutional. It's un-American.

And it's a mighty sad day in these great United States when a person can't order a hamburger without getting a side of partisanship.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/...p-backers.html

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    The folks at Cook Out disputed the notion that they denied the family service. A company spokesperson told me the manager on duty "immediately had someone else take the customer's order."

But while the family waited for their order – they said other workers laughed at them. Disgusted, they demanded a refund and left the restaurant.

"Once you witness discrimination first hand, it's a totally different experience," 16-year-old Lauren Wolfrey told the television station. "I was in a state of shock.

"They had this sense of anger," she added. "They were just really rude to us."

Cook Out conceded the employee violated their policy on rudeness.

"The manager on duty apologized and granted the customer a refund," the spokesperson said. "The employee that was rude was immediately terminated per policy..."
    Liberals are such hypocritical whiners...at least the management did the right thing and immediately fired them.

Unfortunately, political affiliation is not covered by most anti-discrimination laws: you can't be fired or denied service based on your sex, race, or religion, but you can be fired or denied service based on which political party or candidate you support.

In my opinion, the laws should be changed to cover additional categories including political affiliation. I would like our society to be one in which people of widely different views can safely live side-by-side while respecting each other. This is the liberal/progressive ideal. The folks who attack people in the streets are not liberal/progressives; they're just thugs and should be prosecuted under the law.

Fortunately, the store did the right thing, despite the fact that it was not required under the law to do so.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to njtom For This Useful Post:

Lista (06-23-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by njtom View Post
    Unfortunately, political affiliation is not covered by most anti-discrimination laws: you can't be fired or denied service based on your sex, race, or religion, but you can be fired or denied service based on which political party or candidate you support...
    Wanna bet that if it was a Republican denying a Hillary supporter service that there would've been a huge public outcry and it would have made headlines?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Liberals are such hypocritical whiners...at least the management did the right thing and immediately fired them.
    I missed that she had been fired. Good.

She wasn't fired for political affiliation though as per tom's post. She was fired for refusing to serve a customer for whatever reason.

Wanna bet that if it was a Republican denying a Hillary supporter service that there would've been a huge public outcry and it would have made headlines?
    I suspect that left-leaning media would express outrage while right-leaning media would have no problem with it.

Reverse the scenario and you'll reverse the result: A Democrat denies Republican service and the right-leaning media will express outrage while the left-leaning media will have no problem with it.

In either case, what I'm saying is that it's wrong (and should be illegal) to deny service based on political affiliation !!!

Well, I live here and hadn't heard about it. That said, at least it was rectified. My husband goes to Cook Out sometimes....but not the one in Colonial Heights, which is probably a half hour from where I live.

I heard about it - Meh.

Blog Entries
    They should leave Trump alone. He will get mad and then trouble follows.