Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jan Crouch suffers stroke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    On first impressions it does seem strange that so many churches could not help Carmen but the first priority of a church is to financially help the members of their church.
    A church can't financially help every guest ministry they have had over the years.
    I am surprised someone like Carmen did not have the finances as he sold a lot of records and did concerts.

Obviously a church can still give a offering to bless someone suffering cancer like Carmen but many of the average believers who get sick do not have the ability to raise funds that is why their home church should put them first.
    Carmen at least had contacts with someone like Jan who had the finances to help.

So many Christians do not have any access to finances to help alleviate their sufferings
    But not one out of six hundred? You'd think that would be statistically impossible.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (05-30-2016)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    But not one out of six hundred? You'd think that would be statistically impossible.

Have to agree ....those are crazy odds

Maybe he tried a few here and there then gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Maybe he's just one of those people who speak in extremes, as in maybe Jan was the only substantial donor?

For example, here's his post in its entirety, he actually called it a fatal stroke:

JAN CROUCH SUFFERED A FATAL STROKE. EMERGENCY PRAYER NEEDED: The official word out is that "Jan Crouch suffered a significant stroke and after careful medical evaluation recovery of anykind is unlikely." Jan and Paul
    Crouch have built TBN, the greatest Christian network of preaching the Gospel in history. Jan is the president and is totally irreplaceable. I've been close to her for 40 years. She is family to me. We have won countless souls to Christ together through that network. She is the best friend you can ever have when your going through a crisis and feel like everyone has abandoned you. Example: when I went through 10 months of cancer treatment and sent out 600 letters to 600 churches I've ministered at, for support, and not one responded, it was Jan who paid my bills so I could focus on my fight with cancer. Her words to me was "Just get well
    Honey" That's just one of 1,000's of things she's done for me and others. We can not lose her. She is as close to me as my closest family member. When Kim Clement suffered a stroke and needed a miracle we built an army of 10,000 prayer warriors and he's still here and doing better. We need to unite as believers and pray "one of our own" through this tragedy. Please write a prayer below or just say your praying. TBN gives a voice to 1,000's of ministries. From Charles Stanley to Rod Parsley to Billy Graham to myself. Please say you'll pray her through this fatal blow into a miracle testimony. And please, please share this post. Thank You - Carman

https://www.facebook.com/CarmanLicci...type=1&theater

I have a hard time believing that not one church in 600 would do anything to help him. That just seems exaggerated.

It doesn't to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    I have a hard time believing that none one church in 600 would do anything to help me. That just seems exaggerated.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CatchyUsername For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (05-30-2016), Valiant Woman (05-30-2016)

Blog Entries
    It would seem that at least 20% would respond. I think this is nothing more than misinformation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

wheeze (05-30-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Romans828 View Post
    I hope my first post didn't come across as cold and mean - I sincerely meant what I said, but not with any malice...

I'm not surprised at all that Jan supported Carman (and surely many others) when he was down - She has always been the "heart" of TBN - Of course, I wish her well too, but I still think there are also some "questionable personal and business practices" she is going to have to repent for.
    But is it really appropriate or even necessary to bring that up at this time when the sister is fighting for her life whether it's true or not? Maybe she did repent and this could be the enemy attacking her for that reason.

I think sometimes we're too quick to assume facts we're not privy to and base those assumptions on 2nd hand information.

I'm just going to keep lifting her up before the Lord and thank Him for her complete healing and restoration. I pray other believers do the same. Whatever her faults, she has been a huge blessing to the body of Christ. And that deserves ours prayers and compassion.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

BAP (05-31-2016), FaithfulOne (05-30-2016)

Jan has gone home. They just confirmed it on TBN.
    When your praise match your prayers, the answer will come.
    https://www.facebook.com/Valiant-Wom...1103844642026/

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Valiant Woman For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (05-31-2016)

I'm sorry to hear that. Back in the earlier days of tbn, one of my family members was really encouraged by tbn at a time when his whole world crashed down around him. I've been helped as well.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

krystian (05-31-2016), Romans828 (05-31-2016), Valiant Woman (05-31-2016)