Thread: Lawn Care

Lawn Care

Is your lawn one of your pride and joys? Do you keep it perfectly manicured, weed free and lush even in the hot summer months or are you happy to just see some green spots in it?

Mine just got its first mowing of the year and now I'm trying to remember which lawn care products to apply first. Its supposed to rain in a few days so I'm thinking the crab grass preventer will get applied sometime this week and then the rain will water it in.

So how much time and effort do you invest in yours...or have you given up doing it yourself and turned to lawn care companies?

Blog Entries
    I cut it when it gets long. That's it.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

CatchyUsername (04-18-2016), Susan (04-18-2016)

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    We just mowed, trimmed, edged, and put out fertilizer. Weed killer will hopefully be next week. It looks gorgeous right now!

Mr C likes to fight the weeds and keep the grass pretty, however that is changing. A couple of years ago, the park put a water meter on each house and we now pay for water usage. Fortunately, the rains the past year or so have been timed to keep our lawn pretty nice.

Last month our bill showed 1,500 extra gallons of usage. The manager said we either have a leak or just didn't realize we used that much water. The kitchen faucet runs at 2 gallons per minute, so I think we would have noticed. A couple of neighbors said their bills went up some. The manager said he would check the meter, but he didn't. Mr C thinks someone at the billing co. has a hand in the till.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Is your lawn one of your pride and joys? Do you keep it perfectly manicured, weed free and lush even in the hot summer months or are you happy to just see some green spots in it?

Mine just got its first mowing of the year and now I'm trying to remember which lawn care products to apply first. Its supposed to rain in a few days so I'm thinking the crab grass preventer will get applied sometime this week and then the rain will water it in.

So how much time and effort do you invest in yours...or have you given up doing it yourself and turned to lawn care companies?
    When we owned a house in an HOA we had a lawn service treat our lawn...we paid for the service once a year and they did a fantastic job..rarely ever saw a weed...Hubby kept it cut every two weeks..it helped keep the neighborhood looking good..our backyard was behind a tall privacy fence and all we did there was keep it mowed..now at the lake we just have lots of various green weeds. Keep it cut..except in the small backyard where I am propagating a white clover takeover...I may eventually get it in the front as well...white clover only gets about 4 inches tall, is fairly aggressive in keeping other stuff out and only needs mowing twice a year..not to mention it' great for the bees..

Our HOA handles all of the mowing and landscaping -

We have people. After we move, we won't have people any more. I'm trying to convince Ken that, at any cost, we must hire people.

Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    That was done last week and this past weekend I had to have some Weed B Gon put down because....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lista View Post
    We just mowed, trimmed, edged, and put out fertilizer. Weed killer will hopefully be next week. It looks gorgeous right now!
    love ur "flowers"

Lawn Care-marijuana_plants-jpg

Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeze View Post
    love ur "flowers"

Lawn Care-marijuana_plants-jpg
    I keep those in the secret basement.