Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preachers of Atlanta

Lightbulb Preachers of Atlanta

Eeeeewwww!! It's gettin' juicy! They have introduced the "inclusion" doctrine into the show. One of the main guys, Judah Swiley, is a cousin of the Paulks. He went to the new (Paulk) church this week on the show and did some rappin before the congregation and talked about how he loved the "inclusive" message.

My take on Swiley is very simple. The words that come out of his mouth, more than anything, have very little to do with loving Jesus, really. However, he does say, "ministry", "my calling", "my destiny", "I can't believe we lost our Church when our dad came out as gay, like what he did for all those years didn't count for anything", "we had a Church of 3,000 people". Can't say for certain it's his fault.....he was raised in ministry and it's really all he knows, but those phrases I just typed literally roll off his tongue all the time, in almost all of the camera interviews. He is really STUCK on "ministry".

His parents' marriage was a sham because his father is gay and came out a few years ago. From what they have said on the show, his parents had an "understanding" when they did get married. They both knew he was gay, but in order to "succeed" in "ministry", they would have to play like he was straight, and they did for many years. The divorce was in the news.

My absolute favorite on the show is the police office Corey who is also a pastor. The female pastors are ok, but I wouldn't beat the door down to go to their Churches.

I started watching with episode two and it's not breaking new ground, but I only post this because the inclusive doctrine has come up, and seems like it's gonna break open when one of the pastors on the show confronts Judah about his beliefs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CatchyUsername For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (03-16-2016)

Is this the one with LeAndria (sp) don't remember her last name? Supposed to be a pastor?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    Is this the one with LeAndria (sp) don't remember her last name? Supposed to be a pastor?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    Eeeeewwww!! It's gettin' juicy! They have introduced the "inclusion" doctrine into the show. One of the main guys, Judah Swiley, is a cousin of the Paulks. He went to the new (Paulk) church this week on the show and did some rappin before the congregation and talked about how he loved the "inclusive" message.

My take on Swiley is very simple. The words that come out of his mouth, more than anything, have very little to do with loving Jesus, really. However, he does say, "ministry", "my calling", "my destiny", "I can't believe we lost our Church when our dad came out as gay, like what he did for all those years didn't count for anything", "we had a Church of 3,000 people". Can't say for certain it's his fault.....he was raised in ministry and it's really all he knows, but those phrases I just typed literally roll off his tongue all the time, in almost all of the camera interviews. He is really STUCK on "ministry".

His parents' marriage was a sham because his father is gay and came out a few years ago. From what they have said on the show, his parents had an "understanding" when they did get married. They both knew he was gay, but in order to "succeed" in "ministry", they would have to play like he was straight, and they did for many years. The divorce was in the news.

My absolute favorite on the show is the police office Corey who is also a pastor. The female pastors are ok, but I wouldn't beat the door down to go to their Churches.

I started watching with episode two and it's not breaking new ground, but I only post this because the inclusive doctrine has come up, and seems like it's gonna break open when one of the pastors on the show confronts Judah about his beliefs.
    You're a better 'man' than I am. I started to watch it because it was from Atlanta. I only lasted one show. I couldn't handle all of the idiocy.

Judah's grandad is Jim Swilley, who pastored an AOG here for many, many years, and I think is married to a Paulk. He always had all the WOF people in and I used to go see them there, and Jim Earl, Judah's dad used to preach there some. I heard him speak a few times back in the day and I always thought that if he wasn't gay he missed a good chance to be. Well he didn't miss his chance. :)

There is a video out there somewhere of Jim Earl's resignation. Telling the story and twisted scripture every which way to justify it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

Ezekiel 33 (03-29-2016), Quest (03-24-2016), Valiant Woman (03-16-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    You're a better 'man' than I am. I started to watch it because it was from Atlanta. I only lasted one show. I couldn't handle all of the idiocy.

Judah's grandad is Jim Swilley, who pastored an AOG here for many, many years, and I think is married to a Paulk. He always had all the WOF people in and I used to go see them there, and Jim Earl, Judah's dad used to preach there some. I heard him speak a few times back in the day and I always thought that if he wasn't gay he missed a good chance to be. Well he didn't miss his chance. :)

There is a video out there somewhere of Jim Earl's resignation. Telling the story and twisted scripture every which way to justify it.
    Hey, I find the show rather boring and to be honest, was gonna give up on it, until it turned to the "inclusion" topic. Judah is just.....I really don't like him at all, and not just because he's a heretic.

Yeah, at the old forum, we discussed the resignation if I'm not mistaken.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CatchyUsername For This Useful Post:

Valiant Woman (03-16-2016)

Originally Posted by FaithfulOne
    Yes.
    Ok...I had heard some things about her, i.e. a drunken profanity-laced rant...

http://www.christianpost.com/news/pr...fanity-151383/

After receiving some backlash for her actions last September, Johnson appeared on the Praise 102.5 radio station to explain and defend herself. The pastor insisted that all pastors and people of God struggle with things like cursing, but she was bold enough not to hide her vices from the world.

"Drinking and saying a few cuss words on Periscope..who doesn't cuss out there in the church world? I just want to know, any pastors and bishops and missionaries and saints and friends out there that doesn't cuss," Johnson questioned on the radio show "Darlene's Day Party." "If you're one of the pastors that doesn't curse than thank God, but what do you do?"

Johnson pointed out that many people watch television programs that showcase sex, violence, drinking and drug use when they leave church, but chastise her behavior. Instead, the singer and minister said people should be focused on loving one another.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/pr...BVRoRgB84KT.99

***LANGUAGE ALERT***

My goodness! What in the??!!!

Well, see, that's why I said I wouldn't bust the doors down to get to her Church. There are several glaring things wrong with her in the series. She's married to a dude that doesn't seem to have a job. She has some sort of ministry with "volunteers", and the volunteers are all homeless and live with someone on staff. After six months of having 5 people living in his house and not contributing, he kicked them out. She just would not or could not accept that it's a hardship having that many people living in your house. She wouldn't hear it.....at all. But they made up and it wasn't clear if the folks were going to move back in, but yeah....there's things very OFF about her, besides being drunk and cussing like a sailor. (and then excusing it like it's normal behavior for a minister of the gospel).

Ok...I had heard some things about her, i.e. a drunken profanity-laced rant...

http://www.christianpost.com/news/pr...fanity-151383/

After receiving some backlash for her actions last September, Johnson appeared on the Praise 102.5 radio station to explain and defend herself. The pastor insisted that all pastors and people of God struggle with things like cursing, but she was bold enough not to hide her vices from the world.

"Drinking and saying a few cuss words on Periscope..who doesn't cuss out there in the church world? I just want to know, any pastors and bishops and missionaries and saints and friends out there that doesn't cuss," Johnson questioned on the radio show "Darlene's Day Party." "If you're one of the pastors that doesn't curse than thank God, but what do you do?"

Johnson pointed out that many people watch television programs that showcase sex, violence, drinking and drug use when they leave church, but chastise her behavior. Instead, the singer and minister said people should be focused on loving one another.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/pr...BVRoRgB84KT.99

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CatchyUsername For This Useful Post:

FaithfulOne (03-11-2016)

My goodness! What in the??!!!

Well, see, that's why I said I wouldn't bust the doors down to get to her Church. There are several glaring things wrong with her in the series. She's married to a dude that doesn't seem to have a job. She has some sort of ministry with "volunteers", and the volunteers are all homeless and live with someone on staff. After six months of having 5 people living in his house and not contributing, he kicked them out. She just would not or could not accept that it's a hardship having that many people living in your house. She wouldn't hear it.....at all. But they made up and it wasn't clear if the folks were going to move back in, but yeah....there's things very OFF about her, besides being drunk and cussing like a sailor. (and then excusing it like it's normal behavior for a minister of the gospel).
    Yup. I hadn't heard of her prior to the P.O A series,, but yeah, she seems like a hot mess.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

Romans828 (03-11-2016)

..."Who doesn't cuss out there in the church world?
    *Raises both hands - I don't, and my PASTOR husband doesn't either*

Oh please, I am soooo tired of these so-called saints making excuses for their ungodly behavior...and then to parade it on nationwide TV for all the world to see, makes it even worse.

*SIGH*

P.S. I didn't bother to watch the video either.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Romans828 For This Useful Post:

CatchyUsername (03-11-2016), Quest (03-24-2016), Valiant Woman (03-16-2016)