Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Kobe Bryant among dead in helicopter crash

  1. #1

    Kobe Bryant among dead in helicopter crash

    Source: Kobe Bryant among dead in helicopter crash

    Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant, 41, is among five people killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California, a source confirmed to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

    The crash comes one day after Bryant was passed by Lakers forward LeBron James for third place on the NBA's all-time scoring list. As late as 10:39 p.m. ET on Saturday night, Bryant was active on social media, congratulating Bryant on Twitter during the Lakers 108-91 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers...

  2. #2
    I had just been talking to my wife this morning on the way to church this about how I had been thinking more lately about how so many people live their lives with no thought about eternity and what was beyond this life. And if they don't know God they leave this life and go to eternal torment.

    I don't know if Kobe knew the Lord or not, just sobering in light of that fact. This is why we need to manifest the light of Christ.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    FaithfulOne (01-26-2020), GodismyJudge (01-26-2020), John (01-26-2020), Romans828 (01-27-2020)

  4. #3
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    9,822
    Thanked: 5805
    Blog Entries
    43
    Just read that his 13 yr. old daughter also died.


    Kobe Bryant dead in California helicopter crash

  5. #4
    Senior Member Smitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Everett, Washington
    Posts
    895
    Thanked: 883
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    I had just been talking to my wife this morning on the way to church this about how I had been thinking more lately about how so many people live their lives with no thought about eternity and what was beyond this life. And if they don't know God they leave this life and go to eternal torment.

    I don't know if Kobe knew the Lord or not, just sobering in light of that fact. This is why we need to manifest the light of Christ.
    Kobe was a Catholic. Quote from article: "When everyone else in the world abandoned him, the Catholic Church was there."

    The Catholic Church can't guarantee you a place in heaven or provide salvation for the eternal soul.

    Where is Kobe at this very moment? I won't be the judge of that. Only God knows for sure.

    Kobe Bryant, Formed and Saved by His Catholic Faith
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Just read that his 13 yr. old daughter also died.


    Kobe Bryant dead in California helicopter crash
    Oh man. Hadn't seen that. I wonder if they had other kids or this has left his wife alone.

    Edit: just googled and it looks like he had three other children.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Kobe was a Catholic. Quote from article: "When everyone else in the world abandoned him, the Catholic Church was there."

    The Catholic Church can't guarantee you a place in heaven or provide salvation for the eternal soul.

    Where is Kobe at this very moment? I won't be the judge of that. Only God knows for sure.

    Kobe Bryant, Formed and Saved by His Catholic Faith
    I do hope and pray Kobe knew the Lord for himself. A pastor at my church today preached along the lines of, life is too short to remain angry or bitter or unforgiving towards others. (Ephesians 4: 26-29) It behooves all of us to get our lives together and get connected to the One who is able to keep us from falling and present us faultless..

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

    Cardinal TT (01-27-2020), fuego (01-26-2020), GodismyJudge (01-26-2020), Romans828 (01-27-2020), Smitty (01-26-2020)

  9. #7
    I hate to say it, but waiting to see who will be the one to link this to Trump in some way.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    Nikos (01-26-2020)

  11. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    I do hope and pray Kobe knew the Lord for himself. A pastor at my church today preached along the lines of, life is too short to remain angry or bitter or unforgiving towards others. (Ephesians 4: 26-29) It behooves all of us to get our lives together and get connected to the One who is able to keep us from falling and present us faultless..

  12. #9
    Officials say nine people died in helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant

    Kobe Bryant: Officials say 9 died in helicopter crash that killed legend

  13. #10
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,822
    Thanked: 4863
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by fuego View Post
    Officials say nine people died in helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant

    Kobe Bryant: Officials say 9 died in helicopter crash that killed legend
    A terrible tragedy for Kobe, daughter and family but even worse is that the others who died are relegated to 3rd class deceased by society and media. Some reports didn't even mention the death of others.

    I know it's our fallen human nature to mourn a celebrity death more than the death of a average person but to God all their souls are valuable

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Kia Forte warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.