Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Only in Oz - spider carries mouse up fridge

  1. #1

    Only in Oz - spider carries mouse up fridge

    -The huntsman spider, which can grow up to 12 inches in leg span and sometimes gets described as being the "size of a dinner plate," is a little too common in Australia for comfort.

    While most people would simply assume a spider that size is nothing more than the stuff of nightmares, though, one Australian man got to witness the massive arachnid doing more than just crawling around corners and making people shriek.

    Jason Womal, of Coppabella, Queensland, was preparing to leave for work one day when a neighbor invited him over to see something cool...

    *click link for video

    Australian Man Films Horrifyingly Large Huntsman Spider Carrying Dead Mouse Up the Fridge

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    -The huntsman spider, which can grow up to 12 inches in leg span and sometimes gets described as being the "size of a dinner plate," is a little too common in Australia for comfort.

    While most people would simply assume a spider that size is nothing more than the stuff of nightmares, though, one Australian man got to witness the massive arachnid doing more than just crawling around corners and making people shriek.

    Jason Womal, of Coppabella, Queensland, was preparing to leave for work one day when a neighbor invited him over to see something cool...

    *click link for video

    Australian Man Films Horrifyingly Large Huntsman Spider Carrying Dead Mouse Up the Fridge
    Someone put that on fb a while back and I immediately tagged my phobia friends.

  3. #3
    That's old news.

    Just a cute spider doing what spiders do

  4. #4
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,278
    Thanked: 4681
    It doesn't look anywhere near as large as one foot in leg span.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    It doesn't look anywhere near as large as one foot in leg span.
    So a 10" sized spider would be ok?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,278
    Thanked: 4681
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    So a 10" sized spider would be ok?
    I want to see the 12" spider drag a rabbit up the washing machine, or whatever it was.

    Actually, fruit bats impress me more. They really look like flying dogs.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FireBrand (11-29-2019)

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I want to see the 12" spider drag a rabbit up the washing machine, or whatever it was.

    Actually, fruit bats impress me more. They really look like flying dogs.
    Those bats are cool.

  9. #8
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,203
    Thanked: 1574
    The only good spider is a dead spider.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

    Femme* (12-05-2019)

  11. #9
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,278
    Thanked: 4681
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    The only good spider is a dead spider.
    No, why ? The really tiny ones in my basement are cool. Their cobwebs don't live long though.

  12. #10
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,203
    Thanked: 1574
    I have a rule: If you see a spider, kill it! I do not like the eight legged freaks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
You can forget about unexpected repair costs with an extended service contract for your Saab. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your vehicle.