Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Italian police: Muslim migrants threw Christians overboard

  1. #1
    Frozen Chosen A.J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    8,147
    Thanked: 6165

    Italian police: Muslim migrants threw Christians overboard

    Italian police: Muslim migrants threw Christians overboard


    By Hada Messia, Livia Borghese and Jason Hanna, CNN
    Updated 3:17 PM ET, Sun April 19, 2015

    Rome (CNN)Muslims who were among migrants trying to get from Libya to Italy in a boat this week threw 12 fellow passengers overboard -- killing them -- because the 12 were Christians, Italian police said Thursday.

    Italian authorities have arrested 15 people on suspicion of murdering the Christians at sea, police in Palermo, Sicily, said.

    Why migrants are dying to get to Italy

    The original group of 105 people left Libya on Tuesday in a rubber boat. Sometime during the trip north across the Mediterranean Sea, the alleged assailants -- Muslims from the Ivory Coast, Mali and Senegal -- threw the 12 overboard, police said.

    Other people on the voyage told police that they themselves were spared "because they strongly opposed the drowning attempt and formed a human chain," Palermo police said.

    The boat was intercepted by an Italian navy vessel, which transferred the passengers to a Panamanian-flagged ship. That ship docked in Palermo on Wednesday, after which the arrests were made, police said.

    'I enter Europe or I die': Desperate migrants rescued this week off Italy

    The 12 who died were from Nigeria and Ghana, police said.

    Thousands of people each year make the dangerous sea journey from North Africa to Europe's Mediterranean coast, often aboard vessels poorly equipped for the trip. Many of them attempt the voyage to flee war and poverty in Africa and the Middle East.

    More than 10,000 people have arrived on Italian shores from Libya since last weekend alone, according to the Italian coast guard.

    Many die each year while attempting the voyage, often when boats capsized. Last year at least 3,200 died trying to make the trip. Since 2000, according to the International Organization for Migration, almost 22,000 people have died fleeing across the Mediterranean.

    The IOM reported Thursday the latest boat to sink in trying to make the journey. Only four people survived from the original 45 on board, bringing the estimated death toll so far this year close to a thousand.



    http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/europe...ard/index.html

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A.J. For This Useful Post:

    CatchyUsername (09-28-2015), FresnoJoe (09-28-2015), Lindaeverchanging (09-26-2015)

  3. #2
    Senior Member FresnoJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    190
    Thanked: 117
    Praying~!

  4. #3
    The religion of peace strikes again.

    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Italian police: Muslim migrants threw Christians overboard


    By Hada Messia, Livia Borghese and Jason Hanna, CNN
    Updated 3:17 PM ET, Sun April 19, 2015

    Rome (CNN)Muslims who were among migrants trying to get from Libya to Italy in a boat this week threw 12 fellow passengers overboard -- killing them -- because the 12 were Christians, Italian police said Thursday.

    Italian authorities have arrested 15 people on suspicion of murdering the Christians at sea, police in Palermo, Sicily, said.

    Why migrants are dying to get to Italy

    The original group of 105 people left Libya on Tuesday in a rubber boat. Sometime during the trip north across the Mediterranean Sea, the alleged assailants -- Muslims from the Ivory Coast, Mali and Senegal -- threw the 12 overboard, police said.

    Other people on the voyage told police that they themselves were spared "because they strongly opposed the drowning attempt and formed a human chain," Palermo police said.

    The boat was intercepted by an Italian navy vessel, which transferred the passengers to a Panamanian-flagged ship. That ship docked in Palermo on Wednesday, after which the arrests were made, police said.

    'I enter Europe or I die': Desperate migrants rescued this week off Italy

    The 12 who died were from Nigeria and Ghana, police said.

    Thousands of people each year make the dangerous sea journey from North Africa to Europe's Mediterranean coast, often aboard vessels poorly equipped for the trip. Many of them attempt the voyage to flee war and poverty in Africa and the Middle East.

    More than 10,000 people have arrived on Italian shores from Libya since last weekend alone, according to the Italian coast guard.

    Many die each year while attempting the voyage, often when boats capsized. Last year at least 3,200 died trying to make the trip. Since 2000, according to the International Organization for Migration, almost 22,000 people have died fleeing across the Mediterranean.

    The IOM reported Thursday the latest boat to sink in trying to make the journey. Only four people survived from the original 45 on board, bringing the estimated death toll so far this year close to a thousand.



    http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/16/europe...ard/index.html

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CatchyUsername For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  6. #4
    So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,949
    Thanked: 7629
    Too bad we blew the Muslims out of their homes. Now they come to wreck everyone else's.

    seed time > harvest!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015), Nikos (09-28-2015)

  8. #5
    I bet the American military forces held guns to the Muslims' heads and forced them to treat Christians this way.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to CatchyUsername For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  10. #6
    So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,949
    Thanked: 7629
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    I bet the American military forces held guns to the Muslims' heads and forced them to treat Christians this way.
    American military forces killed and maimed millions over there.

    It's harvest time, that's all. God is not mocked.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  12. #7
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,660
    Thanked: 6017
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    American military forces killed and maimed millions over there.

    It's harvest time, that's all. God is not mocked.

    They didn't throw American Christians overboard.....your harvest time answer is not applicable and ridiculous

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015), Susan (09-29-2015)

  14. #8
    So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,949
    Thanked: 7629
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    They didn't throw American Christians overboard.....your harvest time answer is not applicable and ridiculous
    They aren't stupid animals TT, they are humans with a bit of intellect, I'm sure they know who has been supporting the mayhem perpetrated on them. I'm also pretty sure that the Christians in that region are sick of US/YOU as well. Many flourishing Christian communities have been wiped off the map.

    Good job!

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  16. #9
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,660
    Thanked: 6017
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    They aren't stupid animals TT, they are humans with a bit of intellect, I'm sure they know who has been supporting the mayhem perpetrated on them. I'm also pretty sure that the Christians in that region are sick of US/YOU as well. Many flourishing Christian communities have been wiped off the map.

    Good job!

    They didn't throw American Christians overboard.....your harvest time answer is not applicable and ridiculous

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  18. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Too bad we blew the Muslims out of their homes. Now they come to wreck everyone else's.

    seed time > harvest!
    Actually they started it all way back when, that's what the Crusades was a response to, you have to remember their history...no Christians persecuted them, they just wanted everyone's land and to rule the world:

    ...When Mohammed was waging war against Mecca in the seventh century, Christianity was the dominant religion of power and wealth. As the faith of the Roman Empire, it spanned the entire Mediterranean, including the Middle East, where it was born. The Christian world, therefore, was a prime target for the earliest caliphs, and it would remain so for Muslim leaders for the next thousand years.

    With enormous energy, the warriors of Islam struck out against the Christians shortly after Mohammed's death. They were extremely successful. Palestine, Syria, and Egypt—once the most heavily Christian areas in the world—quickly succumbed. By the eighth century, Muslim armies had conquered all of Christian North Africa and Spain. In the eleventh century, the Seljuk Turks conquered Asia Minor (modern Turkey), which had been Christian since the time of St. Paul. The old Roman Empire, known to modern historians as the Byzantine Empire, was reduced to little more than Greece....

    http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...0.html?start=2

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •