Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Supreme Court rules against Kentucky clerk in gay marriage case

  1. #11
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,836
    Thanked: 5229
    Blog Entries
    35
    Many people have lived wrongly in their past. But you cannot live by looking in the review mirror. You must move ahead and begin to walk a life of righteousness. I highly admire this woman. We live in the USA where it was founded on religious freedom. I believe that religious freedom trumps gay rights any day.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  3. #12
    Senior Member scottae316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    North of Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    172
    Thanked: 175
    This is how it starts. A photographer and baker cannot refuse to provide their professional services to homosexuals. Now a court clerk must issue a marriage license. Next, because clergy who preform weddings act as state officiants, they will be next.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scottae316 For This Useful Post:

    Femme* (09-03-2015), FresnoJoe (09-29-2015), Nikos (09-02-2015)

  5. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by scottae316 View Post
    This is how it starts. A photographer and baker cannot refuse to provide their professional services to homosexuals. Now a court clerk must issue a marriage license. Next, because clergy who preform weddings act as state officiants, they will be next.
    OH yes! they're coming for the churches.. big time.

    you bet'cha

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Femme* For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  7. #14
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,836
    Thanked: 5229
    Blog Entries
    35
    This is a must read. Very important to consider.

    http://www.westernjournalism.com/mik...ent=2015-09-02

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  9. #15
    I think it's a hoot she's a democrat! That should be said ALL the time!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Femme* For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  11. #16
    I admire the woman's steadfastness and dedication to principle. But consider the case of a Christian police officer, already on the force for many years, who adopts the position that Jesus's commands regarding non-violence are to be taken literally, and that therefore he will no longer employ physical force to restrain criminals. What should happen to this police officer? Perhaps a compromise could be reached: the officer could be re-assigned to a desk position, or to a position involving investigation of crimes rather than apprehension of criminals. Such a compromise would respect the officer's beliefs and long years of service. Perhaps a similar compromise could be reached regarding the Kentucky clerk?

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to njtom For This Useful Post:

    Cardinal TT (09-03-2015), FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  13. #17
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,485
    Thanked: 4699
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    I think it's a hoot she's a democrat! That should be said ALL the time!
    Isn't that the unpardonable sin?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  15. #18
    I've been seeing posts about how she is on her fourth marriage. I don't know if that's true, if it is, it's unfortunate that she is the spokeswoman for defense of traditional marriage. I wonder, is this really a "states rights" issue? I believe KY never legalized same sex marriage.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  17. #19
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,485
    Thanked: 4699
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I've been seeing posts about how she is on her fourth marriage. I don't know if that's true, if it is, it's unfortunate that she is the spokeswoman for defense of traditional marriage. I wonder, is this really a "states rights" issue? I believe KY never legalized same sex marriage.
    The problem with states rights issue is that Christians pretty much run that over, if you suggest that for abortion, turning it over to the states, many go ballistic. Abortion would be illegal in half the states today if Christians weren't so opposed to constitutional remedies.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  19. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The problem with states rights issue is that Christians pretty much run that over, if you suggest that for abortion, turning it over to the states, many go ballistic.
    Really? Because (if I'm understanding correctly) if Roe v. Wade was struck, it would go back to being a states right issue. Abortion would not be illegal, it just wouldn't be a federal law.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Be prepared for breakdowns with an extended service plan for your Honda. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your Honda, including the Honda Accord.