Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 'Godzilla' El Nino May Be on the Way

  1. #1

    'Godzilla' El Nino May Be on the Way

    -So, what exactly is a "Godzilla" El Niño?

    Actually, it's just a clever joke by a NASA climatologist: "This definitely has the potential of being the Godzilla El Niño," Bill Patzert of the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory in La Cañada Flintridge, California, said Thursday.

    What's It Look Like?

    "Godzilla" El Niño is not a technical or scientific term, but it's a good way to describe the upcoming El Niño event, because it could likely be one of the strongest since record-keeping began in 1950.

    Below are the sea surface height anomalies, which correlate to the ocean temperature. The red and white colors mean above-normal, or very warm, temperatures in that area of the Pacific Ocean. The temperatures are warmer than they were in August of 1997, when the strongest El Niño on record occurred. This is an indication that we could be rivaling the 1997-1998 record El Niño event that caused devastating flooding and mudslides across California.

    The United States has been stuck in this all-too-familiar pattern: extremely dry out West and below-normal temperatures in the Midwest and Northeast. California is in the midst of a severe four-year record weather drought, with little relief in sight, but things may be changing in the coming months...

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/godzilla-el...ry?id=33089713

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015)

  3. #2
    * Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanked: 675
    'Godzilla' El Nino May Be on the Way
    Is that devil out running around again?

    Well, in Jesus Name it's not going to adversely effect my neck of the woods.

    What about your territory were you live? Have you taken authority of this weather devil yet?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015)

  5. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    Is that devil out running around again?

    Well, in Jesus Name it's not going to adversely effect my neck of the woods.

    What about your territory were you live? Have you taken authority of this weather devil yet?
    Did ya read the article? It could break California's drought.

    As to my area, works for me:

    "For the Upper Plains, Midwest and Great Lakes regions, the polar jet stays locked in Canada, allowing warmer-than-normal temperatures to persist for much of the winter. That means less arctic outbreak for cities like Minneapolis and Chicago..."

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015)

  7. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Did ya read the article? It could break California's drought.

    As to my area, works for me:

    "For the Upper Plains, Midwest and Great Lakes regions, the polar jet stays locked in Canada, allowing warmer-than-normal temperatures to persist for much of the winter. That means less arctic outbreak for cities like Minneapolis and Chicago..."
    I'm in the S.F. Bay Area and would look forward to the extra water.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hansc For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015), Pentecali (08-24-2015)

  9. #5
    * Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanked: 675
    Yes, old El Nino may break their drought... and with it bring mudslides that kill people and destroy property.

    Lots of sin out there in California... I'm surprised it hasn't fallen off in to the ocean yet.
    That would open up some new opportunities in real estate though!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015)

  11. #6
    Senior Member Pentecali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanked: 1568
    Blog Entries
    2
    We welcome it! I hate being on water restrictions

    The ground is so hard now from drought that it will probably cause a lot of mud slides

    They are saying now that it may only last thru the fall but then go dry again .. forgot where I read that..

    I'm in the Bay Area too

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015)

  13. #7
    Senior Member Pentecali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanked: 1568
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    Yes, old El Nino may break their drought... and with it bring mudslides that kill people and destroy property.

    Lots of sin out there in California... I'm surprised it hasn't fallen off in to the ocean yet.
    That would open up some new opportunities in real estate though!
    Heard that all my life.. how we are the queer capital ETC.. I've seen just as much of that in Houston, New Orleans and other places in the south.

    Lot of sin out here I agree, but they don't try to cover it up with religion. What you see is what you get.

    More national ruin has come from the supreme court in Washington DC than San Francisco

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

    Femme* (08-24-2015), FresnoJoe (08-24-2015)

  15. #8
    * Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanked: 675
    There are less Christians per capita in California than other states and most of the Christians that are in California are liberals so most of them think it's OK to be gay and even believe the myth that there are "gay christians"

    California typically leads the way with liberalism... as California goes, the rest of the country always seems to eventually follow.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015)

  17. #9
    Senior Member Pentecali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,645
    Thanked: 1568
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    There are less Christians per capita in California than other states and most of the Christians that are in California are liberals so most of them think it's OK to be gay and even believe the myth that there are "gay christians"

    California typically leads the way with liberalism... as California goes, the rest of the country always seems to eventually follow.
    That's not so. The northeast of the USA has everyone beat. Places like Massachusetts, Conn., VT Etc

    We have 13 million hispanics in CA and they are having revival. I don't have the percentages but they are high.

    We have a lot of deep roots out here. Many of our Pentecostal churches were started directly after Azusa

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

    FaithfulOne (08-24-2015), FresnoJoe (08-24-2015), Quest (08-24-2015)

  19. #10
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pentecali View Post
    That's not so. The northeast of the USA has everyone beat. Places like Massachusetts, Conn., VT Etc

    We have 13 million hispanics in CA and they are having revival. I don't have the percentages but they are high.

    We have a lot of deep roots out here. Many of our Pentecostal churches were started directly after Azusa
    Bethel in in CA..you are right about the rich history...that makes sense...the dryer the ground the greater the mudslide...the dryer the spiritual ground the greater the revivals I would think..

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015), Pentecali (08-25-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Volkswagen Jetta warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.