Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 374

Thread: Church Revokes 92-Year-Old Woman's Membership for Not Tithing

  1. #331
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanked: 4610
    Blog Entries
    33
    Maybe the lady don't have anything to tithe on. Or maybe someone else has control of her money.

    What if...!!!

    Too many possibilities .

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), Quest (08-17-2015)

  3. #332
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,773
    Thanked: 3879
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Maybe the lady don't have anything to tithe on. Or maybe someone else has control of her money.

    What if...!!!

    Too many possibilities .

    and MAYBE after 50+ years of being a faithful member someone could have checked in on her vs sending her a LETTER OF DISMISSAL. Isn't that the point of "church" family?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  5. #333
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    and MAYBE after 50+ years of being a faithful member someone could have checked in on her vs sending her a LETTER OF DISMISSAL. Isn't that the point of "church" family?
    Did you read the thread..this has been responded to numerous times...how do you know they didn't?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), krystian (08-17-2015)

  7. #334
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,679
    Thanked: 5310
    It seems clear that they did not from the interviews and the church's unwillingness to comment. It is equally clear that every church of those types does not handle things the way this church apparently did. The question is if this is representative or symptomatic of corporation like churches or tithe extracting churches or both.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  9. #335
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,773
    Thanked: 3879
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Did you read the thread..this has been responded to numerous times...how do you know they didn't?
    Did you read the LETTER OF DISMISSAL?

    they stated their reasons there..again, you give into a place for 50+ years, time, treasure, talent and then you get the boot.

    The heathen know better than that.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), Pentecali (08-17-2015)

  11. #336
    I'm with Catchy on this one. I don't find any comic relief here. I don't see the humor in mocking an elderly person.
    In fact, I was raised differently. Disrespect your elders and you would get popped in the mouth quicker than you could blink. We didn't talk down to old people even if we knew they were wrong. I suppose it's a matter of upbringing and training

    John, I agree with your last few post too. Give for 50 years and then get old and feeble and kicked to the curb. They should be giving BACK to her, visiting her, seeing if she's eating, seeing if her family is caring for her well being. THAT is what a real church community does. I cringe to think of what some of your churches are like That agree with this


    .

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

    curly sue (08-17-2015), FaithfulOne (08-17-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  13. #337
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanked: 4610
    Blog Entries
    33
    Maybe she kicked the preacher out when he tried to visit her. She might be senile. She may not know what she is doing. She may be in an institution for those who have Alzheimers. She probably asked to be relieved from the Church roles. It is possible that the nephew controls her money and where there is a will there are kin folk.
    I am sure she is not the innocent one in all this. But who knows the whole story. It is just a media driven story. The media will tell anything and they will make up half the story just to get some news.
    If she stubbornly won't pay her tithes, she will have to answer to God for it. She obviously knows better and has been given the light on it.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  15. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    The Book of Hebrews states Jesus is accepting the tithe...
    No it doesn't.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  17. #339
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,679
    Thanked: 5310
    "God's people have always at all times tithed"

    That's a quote from a very old tithing thread. The logic ? If it's not there in the Bible then it can be implied regardless.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  19. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Maybe she kicked the preacher out when he tried to visit her. She might be senile. She may not know what she is doing. She may be in an institution for those who have Alzheimers. She probably asked to be relieved from the Church roles. It is possible that the nephew controls her money and where there is a will there are kin folk.
    I am sure she is not the innocent one in all this. But who knows the whole story. It is just a media driven story. The media will tell anything and they will make up half the story just to get some news.
    If she stubbornly won't pay her tithes, she will have to answer to God for it. She obviously knows better and has been given the light on it.
    Well then WHY hasn't the church responded to appeals for clarification? If the church did NOTHING WRONG, then it should be just a small matter of clearing the air AND their name/reputation.

    Ohwaitaminute...maybe, just MAYBE they don't want negative press, which would then translate people questioning and leaving the church, and with that the $$$$

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), Pentecali (08-17-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Toyota Prius warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.