Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 374

Thread: Church Revokes 92-Year-Old Woman's Membership for Not Tithing

  1. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    Such an emotional creature my Pentecostal friend from California. Ah, to be young and so full of testosterone

    Anyway, the pastor's side is as I stated earlier which is, as Joe Friday used to say, "Just the facts mam, just the facts."

    I would have investigated the matter, looked into the issue, visited the lady and her family, and worked from there. However, ours is not a large church at the moment so it is a simple task for me. Church size and membership numbers depends on whether or not the pastor can do all of that or have one of his assistants do it.

    After that then I would make my determination from there.

    Now tell me Penti, how should I handle the 92 year old grandma in my church who is in fornication with her 75 year old boy toy?
    .

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pentecali For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  3. #252
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,773
    Thanked: 3879
    Well, she got bounced because she didn't pay up. That is the topic.

    I didn't see any other complaints in the letter. No sense in demonizing/speculating about the woman.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FaithfulOne (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  5. #253
    All I see here is a club. What are the scriptures teaching we should require anything, tithes, attendance or anything to receive benefits from some man? What scriptures tell us to incorporate and have bylaws to gather together with the body? BABYLON pure and simple!

    Jesus said I came unto you hungry...naked...did you feed Him? Did you clothe him. Oops, he isn't a tithe paying member. My bad.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

    CatchyUsername (08-14-2015), FaithfulOne (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), fuego (08-14-2015)

  7. #254

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Femme* For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  9. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    All I see here is a club. What are the scriptures teaching we should require anything, tithes, attendance or anything to receive benefits from some man? What scriptures tell us to incorporate and have bylaws to gather together with the body? BABYLON pure and simple!

    Jesus said I came unto you hungry...naked...did you feed Him? Did you clothe him. Oops, he isn't a tithe paying member. My bad.
    Guess we are going to get rid of all the membership rules and bylaws of this man made forum too :)

    Still not sure exactly what you are going to feed the poor and the naked with if somebody somewhere isnt giving or tithing .. Help me
    out perhaps i am missing something

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  11. #256
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanked: 4610
    Blog Entries
    33

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  13. #257
    (In the tradition of "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer)

    Chorus:
    Grandma got kicked out by a pastor
    Cause she didn't tithe re-gu-ler-lee
    You say that you don't believe in tithing
    But as for me and pastor we believe

    She's just a sweet little grandma
    Dressed in her Sunday best
    But then the mailman brought a letter
    That started just a whole big bloomin' mess

    They said old girl wasn't tithing
    Nor was she payin' her church dues
    Cause she needed all her money
    To buy her cuzzin Martha some new shoes

    Chorus:
    Grandma got kicked out by a pastor
    Cause she didn't tithe re-gu-ler-lee
    You say that you don't believe in tithing
    But as for me and pastor we beleeeeeeeeeeeeeeve

    As for me and pastor we believe (Yee-haw!)

    Church Revokes 92-Year-Old Woman's Membership for Not Tithing-linedancing-gif

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to victoryword For This Useful Post:

    curly sue (08-15-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), Nikos (08-15-2015)

  15. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryword View Post
    (In the tradition of "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer)

    Chorus:
    Grandma got kicked out by a pastor
    Cause she didn't tithe re-gu-ler-lee
    You say that you don't believe in tithing
    But as for me and pastor we believe

    She's just a sweet little grandma
    Dressed in her Sunday best
    But then the mailman brought a letter
    That started just a whole big bloomin' mess

    They said old girl wasn't tithing
    Nor was she payin' her church dues
    Cause she needed all her money
    To buy her cuzzin Martha some new shoes

    Chorus:
    Grandma got kicked out by a pastor
    Cause she didn't tithe re-gu-ler-lee
    You say that you don't believe in tithing
    But as for me and pastor we beleeeeeeeeeeeeeeve

    As for me and pastor we believe (Yee-haw!)

    Church Revokes 92-Year-Old Woman's Membership for Not Tithing-linedancing-gif

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  17. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Here's a link to the "LETTER OF REMOVAL".

    https://inchristandunchurched.files....38721660_n.jpg

    Note that if you are a pastor, you have immunity.
    Notary and Witness signed too.

    I remember when I talked to some people one of whom had been an elder in a church. He at one point received a registered letter from the Pastor and current board over something none of them had never talked to the elder about.

    I showed the letter to my dad at the time, who had been a pastor for close to 40 years then. He read it and chuckled a sad chuckle, folded the letter up, handed to me and his first words were, "Well, if I had ever sent anyone a letter like that, I'd be looking for a new job".
    See avatar for signature

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to papabrett For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  19. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    Guess we are going to get rid of all the membership rules and bylaws of this man made forum too :)

    Still not sure exactly what you are going to feed the poor and the naked with if somebody somewhere isnt giving or tithing .. Help me
    out perhaps i am missing something
    How about from my hand to theirs? Works amazingly well and no middle man needed.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to curly sue For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •