Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 374

Thread: Church Revokes 92-Year-Old Woman's Membership for Not Tithing

  1. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    That's all you are going to get too. Most of this is Obama-babble. Just opeeeeeenion! Nothing of substance.

    The old lady broke the rules. One may not like the rules but they are there and agreed to by the church. If she don't like the rules then GET OUT AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! QUIT CAUSING TROUBLE IN THE HOUSE OF GOD!
    God does not make allowances for age so why should this church? At the pearly gates we will all be judged by the same Bible.
    I just can't help thinking of the elderly in my church. These were the church's fathers and mothers (the church was started in the 50's) To kick out my fellowship "grandparents" because they didn't put money in an envelope is just unbelievable to me. It hurts my heart to think about it. The world already discards the elderly as a useless drain on society, it's a shame this church seems to hold the same view.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    CatchyUsername (08-14-2015), curly sue (08-14-2015), FaithfulOne (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), fuego (08-14-2015)

  3. #152
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    PS and btw.....we had a woman in a wheelchair with MS who came to our Church when she could. She lived in the inner city, in the projects. Our Church helped her move, painted her apartment, took up donations for bed linens, plates, dishes, decorations, etc.....because she needed us. I don't think she ever gave a dime to the Church, but I can't be 100% certain. This is simply what the Church is supposed to be about.

    That's the difference when you view someone as family versus when you view someone who has to be charged in order to receive love, kindness, and acceptance. And to disengage someone from Church rolls all because they are sick and shut in, is extraordinary beyond belief. Add to that, she had been in the Church for 50 years, clearly keeping the "law" according to the Church by-laws or whatever, is even more of an insult.
    Awesome testimony...but it proves nothing regarding this story. Why? Because you are 'presuming' this lady's condition and situation. You don't know her personally.
    Nor do you know this particular church body or the kingdom work they do or don't do.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    BAP (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  5. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    A REAL CHURCH FAMILY...
    I've been meaning to bring this up. Most of these churches are run like a club with members with financial dues, rules, etc, that if you don't adhere then you are kicked out. When will people ever get it through their heads that church is a FAMILY. The FAMILY OF GOD. If you don't understand the NT in the context of FAMILY, then you don't have a revelation of the NT. Would you kick someone out of your own personal family for not giving you money? For not living up to expectations? Would you expect someone in your family to give you money before you took care of them? Would you make your child give you money before you fed them? The scenarios to contrast to how most churches are run are endless. And the sad thing is that so many of the church members are caught up in and and so used to it, they can't even see it either, how they're being treated. It actually grieves my heart. And the defense of it is even more grieving.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    CatchyUsername (08-14-2015), curly sue (08-14-2015), FaithfulOne (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), papabrett (08-14-2015), Romans828 (08-14-2015)

  7. #154
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanked: 4610
    Blog Entries
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    PS and btw.....we had a woman in a wheelchair with MS who came to our Church when she could. She lived in the inner city, in the projects. Our Church helped her move, painted her apartment, took up donations for bed linens, plates, dishes, decorations, etc.....because she needed us. I don't think she ever gave a dime to the Church, but I can't be 100% certain. This is simply what the Church is supposed to be about.

    That's the difference when you view someone as family versus when you view someone who has to be charged in order to receive love, kindness, and acceptance. And to disengage someone from Church rolls all because they are sick and shut in, is extraordinary beyond belief. Add to that, she had been in the Church for 50 years, clearly keeping the "law" according to the Church by-laws or whatever, is even more of an insult.
    Trying to turn our attentinn to someone in your church. This is not about that. Puleeeez...!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    BAP (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  9. #155
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanked: 4610
    Blog Entries
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by FaithfulOne View Post
    Catchy, clearly this is their "hill" they are willing to die on.

    What I don't understand is WHY they are removing Mrs. King from the membership roll (who from the YT clip, was KNOWN to be sick and couldn't attend), but probably have other folk (younger and healthier and probably more financially stable--not RICH but more stable than some) sitting up in that church REFUSING to pay tithes? Yes, we all know that there is a certain % in every church that "carries" the ministry "load", financially and otherwise...why not go after them and leave Mrs. King alone? UNLESS...(I could surmise some things here but am being led to stop)
    Notice the word "probably" in this statement. More conjecture.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    BAP (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), Quest (08-14-2015)

  11. #156
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,130
    Thanked: 4610
    Blog Entries
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I just can't help thinking of the elderly in my church. These were the church's fathers and mothers (the church was started in the 50's) To kick out my fellowship "grandparents" because they didn't put money in an envelope is just unbelievable to me. It hurts my heart to think about it. The world already discards the elderly as a useless drain on society, it's a shame this church seems to hold the same view.
    Again, this isn't about the elderly in your church. This about a lawbreaker who breaks the rules.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    BAP (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  13. #157
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,679
    Thanked: 5310
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Yes mercy, but no not to break the rules. That is helping lawbreakers and is not true mercy. If you love it so much, then show some of it in your posts. Most here who want it don't ever show it .
    !!
    You mean you need more mercy ?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  15. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Awesome testimony...but it proves nothing regarding this story. Why? Because you are 'presuming' this lady's condition and situation. You don't know her personally.
    Nor do you know this particular church body or the kingdom work they do or don't do.
    Doesn't matter...this is what you and others here are missing..something is amiss when church leadership decides to dis-fellowship a 92 year old ill lady who (for whatever reason) has not either physically or financially supported her church. Part of "kingdom work" is looking after the elderly and widowed. Do ya'll really believe God is displeased with her because she's not tithing on her pension and/or SS every month? do ya'll REALLY think God cares about that? Seriously..

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

    CatchyUsername (08-14-2015), curly sue (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), fuego (08-14-2015), Pentecali (08-14-2015)

  17. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Notice the word "probably" in this statement. More conjecture.
    and it is YOUR conjecture that Mrs King is displeasing God by not paying up.

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

    CatchyUsername (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), Pentecali (08-14-2015)

  19. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Again, this isn't about the elderly in your church. This about a lawbreaker who breaks the rules.
    So Mrs. King is a 'lawbreaker' now. This is what she's reduced to in your eyes. Wow.

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FaithfulOne For This Useful Post:

    CatchyUsername (08-14-2015), curly sue (08-14-2015), FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), fuego (08-14-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Be prepared for breakdowns with an extended service plan for your Honda. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your vehicle.