Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Grand Funk's MARK FARNER~My Savior Some Kinda Wonderful

  1. #41
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,757
    Thanked: 1895
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    Well, if you REALLY want to reach the lost... why not serve beer and hire some strippers?

    Lots of folks will come out to hear the "gospel" if this is done.

    Enjoy the secular music while ya can cause... it's not going to be found in God's Kingdom
    Last time I checked we weren't playing secular music. I suppose that the blues tune "Dying from birth" that I wrote would be evil in your book because it follows a blues chord pattern?

  2. #42
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,757
    Thanked: 1895
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    That sounds wonderful! Do you usually do it every August? You're near Grayling, right? I usually go up North late summer and stay near there.

    Now give us more audios of your songs.
    It is the 2nd Saturday of every August. You just stay on the freeway for a few miles past Grayling, get off at the Frederic exit and then we are 2 miles west of the Freeway. You can't miss it, we are such a small town.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

    krystian (11-23-2015)

  4. #43
    * Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanked: 675
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    Last time I checked we weren't playing secular music. I suppose that the blues tune "Dying from birth" that I wrote would be evil in your book because it follows a blues chord pattern?
    No, it's not the "style" of music that is the problem... it's the purpose for it's creation (was it created to be a pure offering unto the Lord?), and it's content.

    If you take a secular song that was created to please idols... and put in nice words, you are still taking something before the Lord that in not pure and is rejected by the Lord. He cannot receive worship that is not pure and in the case of secular music... it's music that was created for idols such as greed, lust, riches, sex, intoxication, etc, etc.

    God says, come out from the world... be separate, and touch not the unclean thing and He will receive you.

    If you have any music talent at all... why would you not want to sing a new song unto the Lord?

    Are you like they are in Hollywood and so void of creativity that you have to take what others created and re-manufacture it?

  5. #44
    Senior Member wheeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,436
    Thanked: 833
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    No, it's not the "style" of music that is the problem... it's the purpose for it's creation (was it created to be a pure offering unto the Lord?), and it's content.

    If you take a secular song that was created to please idols... and put in nice words, you are still taking something before the Lord that in not pure and is rejected by the Lord. He cannot receive worship that is not pure and in the case of secular music... it's music that was created for idols such as greed, lust, riches, sex, intoxication, etc, etc.

    God says, come out from the world... be separate, and touch not the unclean thing and He will receive you.

    If you have any music talent at all... why would you not want to sing a new song unto the Lord?

    Are you like they are in Hollywood and so void of creativity that you have to take what others created and re-manufacture it?
    ft me thinks u mite have hit ur head 2 hard.....

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to wheeze For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (12-01-2015)

  7. #45
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,757
    Thanked: 1895
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    No, it's not the "style" of music that is the problem... it's the purpose for it's creation (was it created to be a pure offering unto the Lord?), and it's content.

    If you take a secular song that was created to please idols... and put in nice words, you are still taking something before the Lord that in not pure and is rejected by the Lord. He cannot receive worship that is not pure and in the case of secular music... it's music that was created for idols such as greed, lust, riches, sex, intoxication, etc, etc.

    God says, come out from the world... be separate, and touch not the unclean thing and He will receive you.

    If you have any music talent at all... why would you not want to sing a new song unto the Lord?

    Are you like they are in Hollywood and so void of creativity that you have to take what others created and re-manufacture it?

    Actually, I have written nearly 30 songs for the Lord. We use them all of the time in our services, along with songs that 4 of our other worship team members have written.

    I don't know about all of these songs that you rave about that were written to idols. God is the Creator of every good thing. He created music. satan stole some of it. Some of us take it right back and turn it around for our Father's purposes. If you were to put down your hymnal and take off your religious glasses you might be able to see that God uses many things for the advancement of His kingdom.

    Putting new lyrics to secular songs is also a part of how that hymnal you are holding was written and also how king David wrote some of his Psalms.

    When played in public, folks are getting hit with scripture, which God's word says never comes back void. Some of them don't even realize right away that you have changed the lyrics. Nevertheless they are getting the Word.

    God has wired me with His gifts. I use them for His glory and His purposes. If that don't fit into someone's pretty little box of religion, it's their problem and not mine. I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it for Him.


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

    Lista (12-01-2015)

  9. #46
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    2,757
    Thanked: 1895
    It's Christmas!!!

    Here are a couple of live Christmas songs from last Sunday's service. Please don't hold them to professional or studio standards, as they are live, we were missing half our band, and the guy who jumped on the bass for us to fill in hasn't played for like 5 years until Sunday morning when I approached him to help us out.


    http://chirb.it/qvN1Es This one will help you get your groove on.

    http://chirb.it/zHLOfD If you listen past the first few seconds of the slow intro, you will get a surprise!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezekiel 33 For This Useful Post:

    krystian (12-16-2015)

  11. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    http://chirb.it/qvN1Es This one will help you get your groove on.

    http://chirb.it/zHLOfD If you listen past the first few seconds of the slow intro, you will get a surprise!
    Those were great!! Thanks Zeke!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (12-16-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Kia Optima warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.