Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Our Hands Are Stained With Blood: The Tragic Story of the "Church" and the Jewish People - Michael B

  1. #21
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,286
    Thanked: 4694
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBrand View Post
    I know some Messianics that do well in this. They pretty much condemn those that arent adhering to festivals and sabbaths. One couple I had in my office per their request, wanted to have me read a stack of files on why they believe. She was a fanatic about kosher diet. Finally, I leveled at her asking if her diet was a matter of righteousness. She danced off into her health and the junk in all other foods. I asked her again and she begrudgingly said "no". Well ok then, let me eat shrimp, lobster and ribs without condemnation.

    They really can be a condescending bunch to be around.
    I'm quite sure that dr. Brown doesn't believe in stuff like that.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (11-12-2019), FireBrand (11-11-2019), fuego (11-11-2019)

  3. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I'm quite sure that dr. Brown doesn't believe in stuff like that.
    He and I have that in common.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to FireBrand For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (11-12-2019)

  5. #23
    Senior Member Smitty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Everett, Washington
    Posts
    565
    Thanked: 476
    Blog Entries
    1
    Will my hands be stained with blood for not witnessing or sharing Christ with those who God brought upon my path in life?
    As I look back over the years as being a believer, I can now recognize several incidents of certain people I should have at least planted a seed of hope in Jesus.
    I failed to do so and those certain individuals are now deceased. What if I was the last link to share Christ with them in this life, and I didn't, and now there're in hell.
    Will God hold me accountable? Is their blood upon my hands? Scripture seems to indicate yes!
    Last edited by Smitty; 11-24-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    If you put God First, you have Him at Last.

  6. #24
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,286
    Thanked: 4694
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Will my hands be stained with blood for not witnessing or sharing Christ with those who God brought upon my path in life?
    As I look back over the years as being a believer, I can now recognize several incidents of certain people I should have at least planted a seed of hope in Jesus.
    I failed to do so and those certain individuals are now deceased. What if I was the last link to share Christ with them in this life, and I didn't, and now there're in hell.
    Will God hold me accountable? Is their blood upon my hands. Scripture seems to indicate yes!
    We should be careful so that we don't go over into own works with these things. I'm more concerned that I follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, whatever that is.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    Smitty (11-24-2019)

  8. #25
    Dr. Brown is teaching history. I have read the book, years ago. I felt impressed at the time that all Christians should read it. All should be aware of the sensitivities brought to light by the book.

    My great, great great granddaddy owned slaves. That was my family history, not me. In fact, the first of my family to carry my name was a slave. I am ,of course, against slavery, today. More slavery goes on today in other parts of the world than occurred in America. It is the way people do things. Women get raped during war, too.

    No, I am not guilty of the horrible things others have doe in time of war or in history. But we need to be aware of sensitivities people have and try to minister to them in love.

    I do not agree with Dr. Brown on everything. I do enjoy his debates on YouTube, especially his debates on Calvinism, cessationism, and healing.

  9. #26
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,628
    Thanked: 3175
    Blog Entries
    2
    I believe Daniel's prayer in...chapter 9?...was a prayer of national repentance. I believe the Holy Spirit often leads us to pray repentance for families, churches, nations for sins not personally committed...there is an understanding of the spiritual connectedness of the body of Christ.; not that we are guilty of someone else's sin but that we are part of the infected body.....

  10. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    I believe Daniel's prayer in...chapter 9?...was a prayer of national repentance. I believe the Holy Spirit often leads us to pray repentance for families, churches, nations for sins not personally committed...there is an understanding of the spiritual connectedness of the body of Christ.; not that we are guilty of someone else's sin but that we are part of the infected body.....

    I agree with you and prefer that Dr Brown approached this subject from that perspective

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Chevrolet Malibu warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.