Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Ever hear of "Praying Medic"?

  1. #21
    * Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanked: 675
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    The apostles were unlearned, meaning they had no education. Except Paul.
    And Paul considered it to be human waste!



    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Excuse me, they were well educated. They had the best ever. And Jesus knew they needed an education. He was always teaching and teaching.
    The primary reason they could hear and understand the teaching of Jesus was because they had no formal religious teaching.... if having religious teaching and education was important to Jesus and a necessity, then Jesus sure messed up cause these guys He picked were ignorant by the world's standards!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  3. #22
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,836
    Thanked: 5229
    Blog Entries
    35
    Right, no use to educate the educated.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  5. #23
    * Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanked: 675
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Right, no use to educate the educated.
    It was above your head and below your knees

    Here, let me go a little slower - wisdom of mankind bad, wisdom of God good!

    Mankind's religious education is nothing more than mankind's ideas about God without God's input which we know is true because they ignore God's Word for the most part and twist it all around to suit their religious traditions.

    But, the guy that has a close personal relationship with God is desires to be taught of God... will receive leading of the Holy Spirit into God's Word which is truth. This is what Jesus did with his staff and with Paul as Paul realized the teaching he was getting from Jesus was correct and the religious teaching he got before he met Jesus was dung.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  7. #24
    Senior Member FresnoJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    190
    Thanked: 116
    Sing Out A Song

    "Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;" Ephesians 5:19

    A Love Song To Jesus

  8. #25
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,682
    Thanked: 4683
    Blog Entries
    2
    The apostles got on the spot training from the best teacher of all so they were unlearned from the Pharisees school of study but not unlearned in Holy Spirit education

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), Quest (08-24-2015)

  10. #26
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,836
    Thanked: 5229
    Blog Entries
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    It was above your head and below your knees

    Here, let me go a little slower - wisdom of mankind bad, wisdom of God good!

    Mankind's religious education is nothing more than mankind's ideas about God without God's input which we know is true because they ignore God's Word for the most part and twist it all around to suit their religious traditions.

    But, the guy that has a close personal relationship with God is desires to be taught of God... will receive leading of the Holy Spirit into God's Word which is truth. This is what Jesus did with his staff and with Paul as Paul realized the teaching he was getting from Jesus was correct and the religious teaching he got before he met Jesus was dung.
    Most here applaud an uneducated clergy. That is why there are so many strange slants of doctrine. Hardly anyone agrees. Because they never heard of solid study of the Word. Most just go by "well the Lord told me." However, usually that means for most people they ate too much pizza last night. If we were all taught of God like you claim, then we would all agree.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  12. #27
    * Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanked: 675
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    If we were all taught of God like you claim, then we would all agree.
    That would be true... IF we were all the same, which we are not.

    Here, argue with God's Word:

    1 John 2:27
    But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

    John 16:13-15
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
    All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015), Quest (08-24-2015)

  14. #28
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    So one needs to go to bible college or theological seminary in order to hear God?

    I don't think so.
    Does that mean those unlearned apostles messages have to be tossed?

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015)

  16. #29
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Most here applaud an uneducated clergy.

    Actually...not that's not accurate..most here regard the scriptures and leading of the Holy Spirit above indoctrinated theologians.

    That is why there are so many strange slants of doctrine.

    'Strange' is in the eye of the beholder..not necessarily spiritually inaccurate.

    Hardly anyone agrees. Because they never heard of solid study of the Word. Most just go by "well the Lord told me." However, usually that means for most people they ate too much pizza last night. If we were all taught of God like you claim, then we would all agree.
    As for the altter part...that was true of the NT church as well..it's part of growth and transformation. No one is perfectly transformed in their minds AND we are each called to a different purpose..so God does not train the diver to be a medic so the diver and the medic should just VALUE the giftings os each other rather than judge one another for being different.

    There are fundamental truths that we all adhere to...Jesus the only way of salvation and that by faith through grace being the one that places each of us IN CHRIST..
    Even the Apostles did not always agree until they REASONED together..

    We will not all AGREE on everything until we cross over into eternity and KNOW as we are KNOWN..

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015)

  18. #30
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,682
    Thanked: 4683
    Blog Entries
    2
    I am all for theological training as long as it includes teaching on the Holy Spirt and the supernatural

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-24-2015), Nikos (08-24-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
You can avoid major, expensive repair costs with an extended service plan for your GMC. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your vehicle.