Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 101

Thread: transparency...

  1. #31
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieAnne View Post
    It is just scary how fear and worry can creep in if you are not careful and mess things up. The past few days God has been highlighting things in me that are caused by fear and worry. You are right, you just have to reject those things and tell them to go. When you don't do that you can give a place for the enemy to mess with things. I apologize here and now for anything that seems out of character for me or was offensive. For whatever reason the fibromyalgia has just been messing with me something fierce the last few days and making life difficult.
    In the process Dr Leaf teaches we can see how much control we actually do have by our God given authority to take a memory, hold it in the frontal lobe and examine it..and the Holy Spirit during prayer will often bring these to the surface. Sometimes if they were painful or something we reason as irrelevant we can chose to stuff them back down and move on...but during those times when a seemingly random memory surfaces we should hold it, look at it while remaining in prayer..sensitive to whatever the HS wants to reveal.

    The Holy Spirit takes these memories and reveals 'the hidden secrets of the heart' that keep us bound in strongholds...
    The memory may need repentance and truth applied to a lie or sin or it might just need for us to affirm it's truth...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-20-2015)

  3. #32
    years ago I had a mug that I loved.. and in clumsiness, while I was being distracted by my stressing about something, I dropped it.

    I realized that I hadn't taken a moment to actually look at it for a while..

    so, I took this.

    I remember it more now than before I broke it.

    transparency...-img_0474-jpg

    There are so many things we have no control over.. I try to stop myself when I start to go there, remembering I may not, but God does.

    I also try to never, ever use the word "worry".. there are things we can do that recognize we care, but not over focus.. I'll use "level of concern" usually. We can stop worry. It's difficult, and takes practice..

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Femme* For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-20-2015), Quest (08-20-2015)

  5. #33
    * Toxic Troll - Negative Nancy Farm Truck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,139
    Thanked: 675
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Gods word says that ye shall pray for the sick and they shall be healed. If your faith ain't there yet and you can't minister that, maybe shut up. You don't minister to the depressed or the sick by pointing out their faith deficiencies, you pray for them, they get healed or you pray for a worker to come along and do it. Quit being a twit.

    Jesus Christ is Author and Finisher of our faith, who are you to judge the Author, or His servant?
    Ever hear of teaching??? Maybe not...

    I suffered with depression for years, and God taught me how to be free from it and nursing depression only makes it worse.

    Finding out who we are in Christ, speaking what God said about us, and acting as though what God has done and said for us is actually true... are all essential keys to being free from depression as these things allow God to work within us to bring forth spiritual growth so we can kick some satanic backside!

    If we keep saying "I'm suffering from depression" then we continue believing and acting on that and God cannot go against our free will since He is the One Who gave it to us in the first place... but satan can jump right in the middle of "I'm suffering from depression" since that was his thought in the first place!

    Hang in there brother... you'll learn someday.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Farm Truck For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-20-2015)

  7. #34
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanked: 3871
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    Ever hear of teaching??? Maybe not...

    I suffered with depression for years, and God taught me how to be free from it and nursing depression only makes it worse.

    Finding out who we are in Christ, speaking what God said about us, and acting as though what God has done and said for us is actually true... are all essential keys to being free from depression as these things allow God to work within us to bring forth spiritual growth so we can kick some satanic backside!

    If we keep saying "I'm suffering from depression" then we continue believing and acting on that and God cannot go against our free will since He is the One Who gave it to us in the first place... but satan can jump right in the middle of "I'm suffering from depression" since that was his thought in the first place!

    Hang in there brother... you'll learn someday.
    Hey, that would be great Farm Truck. Can you share some scriptures that might be useful, where in the Word you meditated? I'd love to learn more. The word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, get to cuttin sis.

    Start using those weapons you learned about right here, the sword of the Spirit.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-20-2015)

  9. #35
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,072
    Thanked: 4564
    Blog Entries
    31
    I have never suffered from depression. God has always been the answer for me. What is there to be depressed about if you are a christian and in the Word? ANSWER: nothing! When you know who God is you will be impressed and want to express your praise to God. I am not interested in hearing from someone who has been delivered. I would much rather get my counsel from someone who has never had the problem of depression. For example: Jesus

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-20-2015)

  11. #36
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Femme* View Post
    years ago I had a mug that I loved.. and in clumsiness, while I was being distracted by my stressing about something, I dropped it.

    I realized that I hadn't taken a moment to actually look at it for a while..

    so, I took this.

    I remember it more now than before I broke it.

    transparency...-img_0474-jpg

    There are so many things we have no control over.. I try to stop myself when I start to go there, remembering I may not, but God does.

    I also try to never, ever use the word "worry".. there are things we can do that recognize we care, but not over focus.. I'll use "level of concern" usually. We can stop worry. It's difficult, and takes practice..
    Awesome Mug and what is especially awesome is the experience...thanks for sharing that powerful testimony.

    That's what Dr Leaf stresses emphatically...we can't control circumstances but we absolutely can control our response to them...and if we choose LIFE we are partnering with God to change the circumstances..

    We can't control the choices of others..but by partnering with GOD and agreeing with Him and keeping my STRENGTH for today those others just may find life themselves...

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    Femme* (08-20-2015), FresnoJoe (08-20-2015)

  13. #37
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanked: 3871
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    I have never suffered from depression. God has always been the answer for me. What is there to be depressed about if you are a christian and in the Word? ANSWER: nothing! When you know who God is you will be impressed and want to express your praise to God. I am not interested in hearing from someone who has been delivered. I would much rather get my counsel from someone who has never had the problem of depression.
    > God has always been the answer for me.

    Amen!

    Now can you be more specific? Scriptures, prayer, praise?

    We need a more specific "me" answer when dealing with "others". To build them up in the faith, our job I suppose as servants of the Most High God.

    How do you help others who are struggling?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-20-2015)

  15. #38
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Farm Truck View Post
    Ever hear of teaching??? Maybe not...

    Sarcasm does not work well in relationship buindling..it is often divisive and empowers the enemy.

    I suffered with depression for years, and God taught me how to be free from it and nursing depression only makes it worse.

    I absolutely agree...expressing truth in kind tones, though is more helpful to someone who is already oftentimes beating themselves up already. I recall times when truth presented sounded like 'See? Your just one big failure!.'

    Finding out who we are in Christ, speaking what God said about us, and acting as though what God has done and said for us is actually true... are all essential keys to being free from depression as these things allow God to work within us to bring forth spiritual growth so we can kick some satanic backside!

    Absolutely...I had someone say to me years ago, 'why not do a word study of passages that say In Christ..' I though to myself at the time, 'I am In Christ so why?'
    I did it briefly...seeds were planted and over the years they have come up.


    If we keep saying "I'm suffering from depression" then we continue believing and acting on that and God cannot go against our free will since He is the One Who gave it to us in the first place... but satan can jump right in the middle of "I'm suffering from depression" since that was his thought in the first place!

    Hang in there brother... you'll learn someday.
    I agree also that our WORDS reveal our heart...again, years ago in having a session with a pair of deliverance ministers they asked me a series of questions...told me not to 'think' about the answers but to answer quickly...

    We were clicking along when suddenly he asked something like this.'Does God love you more when you are obedient?' And I answer YES..then said, 'No, wait..' He said no..your first response stands..

    After the session he said that what I think about God's love and what I BELIEVE about God's love are not the same; that I had a works based faith.. That I need to pray about that.

    Truthfully when I left that day I did not think that session had made any difference in my life but came to realize he had nailed the issue...

    If we pay close attention to our words and don't spin them or excuse them we will discover what we REALLY believe and that we are functioning in a state of double mindedness that won't receive anything from God.

    I shared in class last night how I suffered frm anxiety disorder for YEARS and even when I became aware of the issue, felt that I had to learn to 'work with it'. I have now come to understand that while I was born with the propensity, GOD has given me complete deliverance from it...


    So now I say I was born with the predisposition for anxiety disorder but IN CHRIST I am a new creation and that includes my BRAIN functions as I submit my thinking to HIS Lordship. He designed me to be free..In Christ I AM free...through faithful following of His Spirit and His word that freedom is transforming me daily from anxious to peace FULL..faith FULL..

    JUST changing what we say won't transform us...but listening carefully to our words and taking captive the thoughts that generated them and repenting of that fear or unbelief or whatever..and then speaking truth to that memory transforms us at the 'heart' level where genuine faith comes from.

    When the woman with the issue of blood 'thought' If I can touch the hem of His garment I will be healed...that was faith from her 'heart' that spoke...not mere hope.

    Double minded is a deceptive place...it is aligning our words to one thing (theology for example) while our heart believes another(doctors, science, philosophies...). Our heart will determine our actions, not our words...when our heart and our words are truly in agreement genuine faith is produced that releases GOD to do amazing things in us and through us..

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    Catsrus (08-20-2015), FresnoJoe (08-20-2015), John (08-20-2015)

  17. #39
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,072
    Thanked: 4564
    Blog Entries
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    > God has always been the answer for me.

    Amen!

    Now can you be more specific? Scriptures, prayer, praise?

    We need a more specific "me" answer when dealing with "others". To build them up in the faith, our job I suppose as servants of the Most High God.

    How do you help others who are struggling?


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-20-2015), John (08-20-2015)

  19. #40
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanked: 3871
    Not related to depression but one time God healed me of an awful near whole body rash. After, praying, praising, anointing myself with oil, declaring Gods promises for my health, He spoke to me and said "quit using cheap laundry detergent".

    Healed!

    Thank you Jesus!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-20-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •