Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68

Thread: The Trump on Immigration

  1. #21
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanked: 3871
    I'm always struck by the fact that those who tell the truth in the political realm are rejected....



    by people of truth.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  3. #22
    Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Welcome, NC USA
    Posts
    3,039
    Thanked: 1542
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I'm always struck by the fact that those who tell the truth in the political realm are rejected....



    by people of truth.
    I don't mind him telling the truth...it's the WAY he tells the truth. i.e. exposing a Senator's private cell phone number. What do we do when he exposes something MUCH more detrimental just because he can't control his temper?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lista For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  5. #23
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanked: 3871
    That's always the cop-out...

    It's not what you say, it's how you say it, do it, blah blah

    Truth is always maligned, even by...






    people of truth

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  7. #24
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,359
    Thanked: 4377
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lista View Post
    With the world political climate as volatile as it is, it scares me to death to think of Trump as our President. And I'm not exaggerating for effect...it really does scare me.
    Fear not there are enough loopy world leaders to balance him out

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  9. #25
    Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Welcome, NC USA
    Posts
    3,039
    Thanked: 1542
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That's always the cop-out...

    It's not what you say, it's how you say it, do it, blah blah

    Truth is always maligned, even by...






    people of truth
    so you admit to maligning FT?

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lista For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), Quest (08-21-2015)

  11. #26
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,744
    Thanked: 3237
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Having listened to Trump for a while, I'd say my impression of him is that he is a Charismatic Populist. He reminds me of Carl I Hagen, the very successful leader of the Progress party here in Norway during the 80s, 90s and 00s. He's going to fix anything and everything, which rarely translates into a corresponding result when the populist actually gets into office. Thinking back, I'd say Obama was a populist during his first election race, being very able to inflate people's perceptions of how much change he would be able to promote as President and that that change would be for the better.
    That sounds like any run of the mill politician in America...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  13. #27
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    13,670
    Thanked: 5305
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    That sounds like any run of the mill politician in America...
    Norway doesn't have a president, only a prime minister and he is selected by the party or coalition of parties that gain power. The political parties are smaller, typically nowhere near a 50% majority (meaning they can make their political platforms more specific) and there isn't much personal money involved. Still things can get quite populistic and the accountability isn't great. This does of course have something to do with the fact that they never get to implement their politics exactly as they want but it isn't only that. We have agendaists here as well, far leftists who speculate in getting involved through a party more towards the centre and historically also racists who speculated from the other direction, and who got involved - at least at the non-national level. Sweden has more of a problem with the latter kind, these days. A huge problem as a matter of fact.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  15. #28
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanked: 3871
    Norway still has a King...

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015), Quest (08-21-2015)

  17. #29
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,072
    Thanked: 4564
    Blog Entries
    31
    If trump becomes president I just might move to Norway or Australia.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

  19. #30
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,768
    Thanked: 3871
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    If trump becomes president I just might move to Norway or Australia.
    Maybe you can get a ride on the illegal express!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Ford Edge warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.