Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64

Thread: Bursting the bubble

  1. #1
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547

    Bursting the bubble

    GOD TV co-founder Wendy Alec has made an emotional live broadcast today in which she disclosed that her husband and ministry partner of over 20 years, Rory Alec, has left her for another woman.

    Her comments on Oct. 8 were made after the TV channel confirmed last week that Rory would be stepping aside as chairman and chief executive with immediate effect following an undisclosed "moral failure".

    Rory said in a statement on October 2: "After 20 years of service, I have had a moral failure this year. For this reason, I am stepping down. Please forgive me for the disappointment I've caused, but I know your eyes are on Jesus who is the author and finisher of your faith and not on me, an imperfect man.

    "It is with a heavy heart that I confirm my season with GOD TV is over for now."


    http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...says/41454.htm

    Click the link for the full story. It is quite clear to me that this is a story of a double-minded man, a man who served Christ and "knew everything" yet he decided to burst the bubble and simply step out and start a new, carnal life in adultery with a woman and away from serving Christ any longer. He defines his current identity rather well in his official statement, "me, an imperfect man", from the position of embracing this identity rather than repenting from it. As Wendy Alec said on God TV and which isn't said in the article, Rory Alec took off to drive around on the Autobahn in Germany to "find himself". Apparently he did find himself, the imperfect man, and chose a new life according to that carnal self.

    I've personally watched people be zealous about serving God while entertaining double-mindedness, while preserving and even developing a part of themselves that was carnal and merely wanted to "burst the bubble" on the other stuff. The flesh is not minded on anything having to do with the Spirit, it just wants to get rid of it all, if possible. The person in question didn't technically start living in sin but he underminded himself until an acquaintance of him was able to talk him into "living for himself" instead of serving Christ. He is still a Christian by profession but he defines himself in terms of having no responsibility to do anything for God except to believe in Jesus for his own sake.

    So you, I'm talking to you who are reading this thread about "bursting the bubble". Are you sure you haven't started undermining yourself and your servitude under Christ Jesus until you are getting ready to "burst the bubble" and simply step out and do something different ? Your carnal self is more than willing to take the steps necessary and just override everything, including your beliefs. It wars against the one born of the Spirit and seeks to kill him.

    It's time to quit being double-minded and find the first love again.
    Last edited by Colonel; 07-30-2015 at 06:22 AM.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FaithfulOne (07-30-2015), FresnoJoe (08-01-2015), Nightsky (07-30-2015)

  3. #2
    So he is willfully living in adultery and is still a christian

    At least he still believes and is going to heaven.... as you know we can't judge and who among us hasn't sinned and the Holy Spirit hasn't left him because he hasn't officially renounced Jesus and the grace of God is so much greater and covers everything and the blood was once applied so all his future sins are automatically forgiven and blah blah blah blah

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  5. #3
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    So he is willfully living in adultery and is still a christian

    At least he still believes and is going to heaven.... as you know we can't judge and who among us hasn't sinned and the Holy Spirit hasn't left him because he hasn't officially renounced Jesus and the grace of God is so much greater and covers everything and the blood was once applied so all his future sins are automatically forgiven and blah blah blah blah
    I know others would tell him that but that isn't what I believe. I have no idea where he is with Jesus in his heart of hearts since my impression is that the God TV board talked him into making that statement in order to humble him and his actions a bit, to keep a lot of viewers from being thoroughly discouraged by it. Not wanting to seem or be a complete traitor to everything he had been doing previously and possibly out of common courtesy, he decided to comply. As I pointed out, this is not a statement made by a man who is struggling with the issue, he is making that statement from the position of having decided to go along with being "the imperfect man" he is referring to. Whether or not that is now his true identity, I do not know. Living like that over time will in any case push him in the direction of making that his true identity.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  7. #4
    If he is presently living in adultery then he is an adulterer no matter how much he still believes

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  9. #5
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    If he is presently living in adultery then he is an adulterer no matter how much he still believes
    He is also unrighteous, just like you and me. No unrighteous person will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Cor 6:9

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  11. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    He is also unrighteous, just like you and me. No unrighteous person will inherit the kingdom of God. 1 Cor 6:9

    I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus...speak for yourself

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  13. #7
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus...speak for yourself
    That is according to your faith, not according to your walk. Inside grace, not outside grace. According to your new self and not according to your old self that still affects your walk until you have gotten completely rid of every hold it has in your heart, mind, emotions etc. Has the new leaven developed completely through your dough yet ?

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015), Quest (07-30-2015)

  15. #8
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,617
    Thanked: 3166
    Blog Entries
    2
    Again..apart from the finished work of Jesus on the cross NONE of us would go to Heaven..we are saved by grace through faith..nothing else..

    Willful sin places us in danger as it is a hardening of the heart that is a willful choice..that begins the process or at least adds fuel to the process of hardening that hinders our faith..

    I pray for Rory that he comes to a place of repentance quickly and crucifies his flesh to death...I pray for his wife to be encircled with God's love and peace and does not choose to allow this to harden her own heart...I pray for the woman involved that God would convict her as well and bring her to repentance...
    I pray for all the people who love them and participate in their ministry to do likewise...to understand Rory is GOD's servant and child to be reprimanded by Him..he stepped aside from ministry as he should have..

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  17. #9
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547
    It is possible that Rory stepped directly over into the identity of being a sinner indulging in adultery the moment he made the decision to sleep with that woman and that his statements are just blah blah, whether he understands that himself or not. This isn't that uncommon with more severe and premeditated sins. Doesn't mean that that is what happens every time someone does that.

    In any case, there is a way back for Rory as God's gifts and calling are irrevocable.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  19. #10
    Resident Chocolate Monster Lista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Welcome, NC USA
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanked: 1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    GOD TV co-founder Wendy Alec has made an emotional live broadcast today in which she disclosed that her husband and ministry partner of over 20 years, Rory Alec, has left her for another woman.

    Her comments on Oct. 8 were made after the TV channel confirmed last week that Rory would be stepping aside as chairman and chief executive with immediate effect following an undisclosed "moral failure".

    Rory said in a statement on October 2: "After 20 years of service, I have had a moral failure this year. For this reason, I am stepping down. Please forgive me for the disappointment I've caused, but I know your eyes are on Jesus who is the author and finisher of your faith and not on me, an imperfect man.

    "It is with a heavy heart that I confirm my season with GOD TV is over for now."


    http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...says/41454.htm

    Click the link for the full story. It is quite clear to me that this is a story of a double-minded man, a man who served Christ and "knew everything" yet he decided to burst the bubble and simply step out and start a new, carnal life in adultery with a woman and away from serving Christ any longer. He defines his current identity rather well in his official statement, "me, an imperfect man", from the position of embracing this identity rather than repenting from it. As Wendy Alec said on God TV and which isn't said in the article, Rory Alec took off to drive around on the Autobahn in Germany to "find himself". Apparently he did find himself, the imperfect man, and chose a new life according to that carnal self.

    I've personally watched people be zealous about serving God while entertaining double-mindedness, while preserving and even developing a part of themselves that was carnal and merely wanted to "burst the bubble" on the other stuff. The flesh is not minded on anything having to do with the Spirit, it just wants to get rid of it all, if possible. The person in question didn't technically start living in sin but he underminded himself until an acquaintance of him was able to talk him into "living for himself" instead of serving Christ. He is still a Christian by profession but he defines himself in terms of having no responsibility to do anything for God except to believe in Jesus for his own sake.

    So you, I'm talking to you who are reading this thread about "bursting the bubble". Are you sure you haven't started undermining yourself and your servitude under Christ Jesus until you are getting ready to "burst the bubble" and simply step out and do something different ? Your carnal self is more than willing to take the steps necessary and just override everything, including your beliefs. It wars against the one born of the Spirit and seeks to kill him.

    It's time to quit being double-minded and find the first love again.
    All of us walk in a place of double-mindedness. It's the sin nature in us. It's all about the daily crucifying of the flesh.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Lista For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
You can avoid unexpected and expensive repair costs with an extended service plan for your Lexus. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your vehicle.