Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 64

Thread: Bursting the bubble

  1. #41
    Have you shared in Christ's suffering since you use that verse....are you going to accept that whole verse
    If you haven't suffered then you are not an heir

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  3. #42
    Colonel
    It's amazing how you will jump onto my comment and run with it to try to prove me wrong
    Go back and read my initial comment with some grace. I was trying to say that we don't understand the details of what happens in regard to the Holy Spirit and our spirit when a Christian starts to willfully live in sin

    I concede I could have written it in a clearer way and for that I am at fault

    My belief would conclude The Holy Spirit has departed

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  5. #43
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Have you shared in Christ's suffering since you use that verse....are you going to accept that whole verse
    If you haven't suffered then you are not an heir
    That is said with respect to the future. Living as a Christian will bring about persecution and suffering in some or other form, which in and of themselves will function as temptations to depart from the faith again or at least stray off in some direction that will eventually shipwreck faith. And then the Holy Spirit departs and we are no longer children and heirs.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  7. #44
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Colonel
    It's amazing how you will jump onto my comment and run with it to try to prove me wrong and show how you know the scriptures
    Go back and read my initial comment. I was speaking about that we don't understand the details of what happens in regard to the Holy Spirit and our spirit in when a Christian who starts to willfully live in sin

    My belief would conclude The Holy Spirit has departed
    Who is jumping onto who's comment here ? Do you think you have a right to step in and say anything you want and then to be exempt from the rule that says that people get to comment on your comment ?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  9. #45
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    My belief would conclude The Holy Spirit has departed
    If the Holy Spirit has departed then there is no faith, no tongues, no anointing and everything in that vain is pretense.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  11. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Who is jumping onto who's comment here ? Do you think you have a right to step in and say anything you want and then to be exempt from the rule that says that people get to comment on your comment ?
    You do it all the time so stop being precious

    We all write things and later go back and realize it could be worded better....I just did that with your comment and you can see they are slightly different

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  13. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    If the Holy Spirit has departed then there is no faith, no tongues, no anointing and everything in that vain is pretense.

    Proves nothing

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  15. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    That is said with respect to the future. Living as a Christian will bring about persecution and suffering in some or other form, which in and of themselves will function as temptations to depart from the faith again or at least stray off in some direction that will eventually shipwreck faith. And then the Holy Spirit departs and we are no longer children and heirs.

    So you agree you will never be an heir because so far you have not partaken of Christ's suffering

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  17. #49
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    You do it all the time so stop being precious

    We all write things and later go back and realize it could be worded better....I just did that with your comment and you can see they are slightly different
    When and where have I ever objected to people replying to anything I have ever posted ?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  19. #50
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,095
    Thanked: 4547
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    So you agree you will never be an heir because so far you have not partaken of Christ's suffering
    I am an heir of the kingdom of God right now because I have the Holy Spirit. If I were to die right now I would go to heaven because the Spirit is a deposit of my inheritance. The presence of the Spirit in my heart right now does not necessitate that he will be present in the future. In the future, additional sufferings will come about and I will have to persevere. If I shipwreck faith then the Holy Spirit will depart and his absence would then guarantee that I have no inheritance in the kingdom of God.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
You can avoid expensive repair costs with an extended service plan for your Ford. We cover all Ford models, including the Ford Mustang .