Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 270

Thread: Calvinist Tactics Exposed

  1. #181
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,926
    Thanked: 5020
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFromOz View Post
    You set out to and successfully drove me away in 2016, perhaps you and Nikos can do it again.

    Please take the below as lighthearted fun


    You rode into town with guns blazing as the new gunslinger and challenged Sheriff Nikos who pumped you full of lead
    Sadly you ended up at Calvinist Boot Hill where Sheriff Nikos has put all his challengers

    I was only the gentle deputy following orders




  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2020), FunFromOz (09-17-2020)

  3. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Please take the below as lighthearted fun
    Done, though I doubt that Nikos even owns a gun

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to FunFromOz For This Useful Post:

    Cardinal TT (09-17-2020)

  5. #183
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,926
    Thanked: 5020
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFromOz View Post
    In reformed theology we're saved because God saved us. In non-reformed theology we're saved because we accepted God's offer of salvation. The relationship then is entirely different.
    IMO Calvinists use the above to relegate non Reformed salvation to a 'lower salvation' where God doesn't get the glory


    The thief on the cross said...'Lord remember me..' - It is still 100% God's mercy that the thief was saved. He still needed God for his salvation.
    The thief responding in faith was also a gift God gave him. He believed and confessed Jesus and was saved.

    The thief responding does not alter Gods 100% salvation where God gets ALL the credit.

    I have never heard in all my life any free will preacher saying that man can take any credit for responding to God's offer of salvation - that is a Calvinist straw man construct to denigrate free will position as a lesser salvation. Calvinists then proclaim "We teach the truth that gives God all the glory unlike the others"



    Can you explain what you mean or what Reformed mean by your comment -
    The relationship then is entirely different

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2020)

  7. #184
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    14,106
    Thanked: 5515
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    IMO Calvinists use the above to relegate non Reformed salvation to a 'lower salvation' where God doesn't get the glory


    The thief on the cross said...'Lord remember me..' - It is still 100% God's mercy that the thief was saved. He still needed God for his salvation.
    The thief responding in faith was also a gift God gave him. He believed and confessed Jesus and was saved.

    The thief responding does not alter Gods 100% salvation where God gets ALL the credit.

    I have never heard in all my life any free will preacher saying that man can take any credit for responding to God's offer of salvation - that is a Calvinist straw man construct to denigrate free will position as a lesser salvation. Calvinists then proclaim "We teach the truth that gives God all the glory unlike the others"
    Can you explain what you mean or what Reformed mean by your comment -
    We could all believe all we wanted and all go to hell unless God had decided that he was going to save those who believe. Faith doesn't obligate God to do anything.

    1 Cor 1:21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

    It's God's choice that he even cares that we believe, we who are sinners according to merit.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2020)

  9. #185
    Senior Member Ezekiel 33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northern Lower Michigan
    Posts
    3,628
    Thanked: 2615
    OZ, to boil it all down to the simplest understanding just look at the ark. The ark was a type of the Christ. Those who were hidden safely in the ark were not destroyed. All others were. No one forced Noah or any of his family members to get onto the ark. They CHOSE to get in, and then God closed the door.

    Same thing goes with the Exodus. They were told to slaughter a lamb and apply the blood. They weren't forced to do it, they were given a choice.

  10. #186
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,713
    Thanked: 6272
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel 33 View Post
    OZ, to boil it all down to the simplest understanding just look at the ark. The ark was a type of the Christ. Those who were hidden safely in the ark were not destroyed. All others were. No one forced Noah or any of his family members to get onto the ark. They CHOSE to get in, and then God closed the door.

    Same thing goes with the Exodus. They were told to slaughter a lamb and apply the blood. They weren't forced to do it, they were given a choice.
    Calvinist Tactics Exposed-1-jpg

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2020)

  12. #187
    Senior Member Nikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    10,713
    Thanked: 6272
    Blog Entries
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by FunFromOz View Post

    How much longer will I be here? God knows. You set out to and successfully drove me away in 2016, perhaps you and Nikos can do it again. He seems to be working that way
    I have never tried to run anyone away from this form. Never! If you leave that is totally your CHOICE!

    The quoted post above is so much codswallop, folderol, and poppycock.

    Truth be known, you do not understand your own doctrinal position. You are a cage-Calvinist who wants to argue instead of seek the Truth.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikos For This Useful Post:

    Ezekiel 33 (09-17-2020)

  14. #188
    Exhibit #1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    I have never tried to run anyone away from this form. Never! If you leave that is totally your CHOICE!
    Exhibit #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    The quoted post above is so much codswallop, folderol, and poppycock.

    Truth be known, you do not understand your own doctrinal position. You are a cage-Calvinist who wants to argue instead of seek the Truth.
    Yes Nikos if I leave it will be my choice.

    See the difference between #1 and #2? The tone of your posts is your choice.

    Instead of continually making negative statements that add no value because they don't really say anything would it be too much effort, as I "do not understand (my) own doctrinal position", for you to show me where I misunderstand it?

    And as apparently I don't want to "seek the Truth" how about you present me with some truth as opposed to when I quoted another author suggesting that it is pretty dumb if in a church "Most of the congregation has no knowledge of church history with the names of Polycarp, Martyr, Luther, Calvin, Edwards, Wesley, Whitefield, Tyndale, and others being completely foreign to them" rather than coming back with the totally unsupported snide remark "Must be a Calvinist church "

    As you don't go to a "Calvinist church " you'd know Polycarp, Martyr, Luther, Calvin, Edwards, Wesley, Whitefield, Tyndale well, and you'd know that unsound doctrine leads to a falling away of the Church. Quickly. You can add value if you wish, but as you yourself said, it's your choice.

  15. #189
    I'm offline for a few days. Balloon ride for my birthday.

  16. #190
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,926
    Thanked: 5020
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    I have never tried to run anyone away from this form. Never! If you leave that is totally your CHOICE!

    I agree.........No one has deliberately tried to run FFO away
    He is welcome here like anyone else

    If a person wants to promote any doctrinal position they need to understand the forum they join. This is a Pente/Charis non-Calvinist forum so majority are of that persuasion. When they promote their views and challenge existing members it is only logical there will be counter views.

    FFO has promoted the Reformed position very strongly so there will be strong opposition
    You can guarantee if you join a Calvinist forum the kickback would be far more nasty - Colonel has debated Calvinists and many are not sweet or nice

    This forum is very gracious overall and people have many opinions. There has been strong contention even among members who have the same spiritual background. We all have to work through issues and come to accept each other even when disagreeing.

    The same applies to FFO - we accept he has a Pentecostal background but also embraces Reformed doctrine
    He is a brother in Christ

    FFO
    As a member you are entitled to post your views but remember in a short period you posted views continuously challenging members beliefs. Maybe if you spaced your posts and found more common ground in other subjects much of the opposition could be avoided.
    Hopefully we can all move forward

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    Colonel (09-18-2020), GodismyJudge (09-17-2020), Smitty (09-19-2020)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Escalade warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.