Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Christian Leaders who kill and then suicide

  1. #1

    Christian Leaders who kill and then suicide

    Years ago we would never believe this sort of thing happening yet not only is it happening but is increasing.

    I know people say satan is behind this but people still have free will especially those who know God and have walked with him. This man's pastor vouches for him.

    On some occasions the person may be a hypocrite, living a secret life and hiding it from everyone but there have been others who murder and suicide and there isn't any secret sinful lifestyle.

    It's horrific and obviously God knows why but what causes a person to go that extreme and not try to get help

    Former pastor fatally shoots himself, wife and son also found dead - The Christian Post

  2. #2
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,523
    Thanked: 4793
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Years ago we would never believe this sort of thing happening yet not only is it happening but is increasing.

    I know people say satan is behind this but people still have free will especially those who know God and have walked with him. This man's pastor vouches for him.

    On some occasions the person may be a hypocrite, living a secret life and hiding it from everyone but there have been others who murder and suicide and there isn't any secret sinful lifestyle.

    It's horrific and obviously God knows why but what causes a person to go that extreme and not try to get help

    Former pastor fatally shoots himself, wife and son also found dead - The Christian Post
    I can recall reading about stuff like that in the nineties. How often does it happen now compared to before ? I'm not sure about that because sometimes it's not about how often things happen but rather about how often it's written about.

    But if you have access to some kind of internal statistics then maybe you know more about that than I do.

  3. #3
    Trouble is, a secret/dual life is.....well, secret.

    Recently, a pastor's wife posted on FB of her husband living a secret life. He had people fooled real good. In fact, if he had committed murder or suicide, people would say he was a glowing testimony for Jesus and just had a bad day. He was into massage parlors, drugs, thievery, adultries and most of all, deceiving people around him. He was in a high position of authority in our denomination. I was shocked to read what this man's wife posted that day last fall. He embezzled 285,000$ from his church over the past 20 years and when his wife and son outted him, he grabbed 5,000$ cash and was found in Kentucky. He is awaiting sentencing.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I can recall reading about stuff like that in the nineties. How often does it happen now compared to before ? I'm not sure about that because sometimes it's not about how often things happen but rather about how often it's written about.

    But if you have access to some kind of internal statistics then maybe you know more about that than I do.

    It has happened in the past but it must be increasing because you can't hide these types of crime. There is no doubt there has been an escalation.
    In my own christian life of 30+ years there has been an increase of suicide and mental illness in the church. These are 2 other things that you cannot hide.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,523
    Thanked: 4793
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    It has happened in the past but it must be increasing because you can't hide these types of crime. There is no doubt there has been an escalation.
    In my own christian life of 30+ years there has been an increase of suicide and mental illness in the church. These are 2 other things that you cannot hide.
    The general suicide rate in Australia seems to have kept going down the last 30 years. But mental illnesses are definitely on the way up everywhere in the Western world, especially if we include the less severe kinds. It could be lifestyle related, it could be medication related or it could be poisons in the food, water, air etc.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    The general suicide rate in Australia seems to have kept going down the last 30 years. But mental illnesses are definitely on the way up everywhere in the Western world, especially if we include the less severe kinds. It could be lifestyle related, it could be medication related or it could be poisons in the food, water, air etc.
    I was specifically referring to christian leaders as that is clear in the OP

  7. #7
    Administrator fuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    9,420
    Thanked: 7437
    Blog Entries
    1
    If you wonder why the "church" is screwed up, just read the comments on the article.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to fuego For This Useful Post:

    Femme* (02-15-2020)

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    ... it could be medication...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    I was specifically referring to christian leaders as that is clear in the OP
    It might not only be christian leaders tho, there seems to be more of these suicides/homicides occuring since the broadened usage of SSRIs. Catchy used to post a lot about them, articles like this:

    Antidepressants increase the risk of suicide, violence and homicide at all ages | The BMJ

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    LionHeart (02-17-2020)

  11. #9
    I was trying to find if he had a history of depression or was on any type of medications and found this instead. Apparently he also drove over a hundred miles after the first two killings and tried to also kill his daughter who was away at college.

    Richard Logan shot wife Diana multiple times, son once | khou.com

  12. #10
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,523
    Thanked: 4793
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    I was specifically referring to christian leaders as that is clear in the OP
    And I did not say that the statistic applies to christian leaders in Australia. Their suicide rate may very well be on the rise even if the general rate is going down.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Kia Forte warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.