Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102

Thread: Legitimate grounds for having an abortion?

  1. #61
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanked: 3402
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Or taught that not giving one's life for one's unborn baby is without question a sin. That's applying force, just not the physical or legal kind.
    Guess that depends on how you define force...

    Is God forcing us to not sin by stating facts and conditions?

    When God said thou shalt not...was He forcing anyone?

    Motivating or inspiring or warning...none are 'force'.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

  3. #62
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    14,538
    Thanked: 5812
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Guess that depends on how you define force...

    Is God forcing us to not sin by stating facts and conditions?

    When God said thou shalt not...was He forcing anyone?

    Motivating or inspiring or warning...none are 'force'.
    There is also the question of what kind of laws you would be advocating as proper for society. What laws defining as legal the choice to abort one's baby under which circumstances would you advocate as proper for society as a whole ?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

  5. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by curly sue View Post
    No, but many advocate aborting any potentially defective baby.
    I'm confused. I thought we were talking about life of the mother and babies that had no chance of being born alive.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

  7. #64
    I had a miscarriage on a Friday, and had a D&C on the following Monday. My SIL was told she had miscarried but chose not to have a D&C, later that week she started bleeding very heavily and was rushed to the hospital.

    Was I wrong?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

  9. #65
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanked: 3402
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I'm confused. I thought we were talking about life of the mother and babies that had no chance of being born alive.
    Actually the topic is whether there are any legitimate (for the believer justified) reasons for abortion...

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

  11. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Actually the topic is whether there are any legitimate (for the believer justified) reasons for abortion...
    I know what the topic is, but got confused as to how babies that will be born dead are equated with perfectly healthy babies born with a defect. That was what I was responding to.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

  13. #67
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanked: 3402
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I had a miscarriage on a Friday, and had a D&C on the following Monday. My SIL was told she had miscarried but chose not to have a D&C, later that week she started bleeding very heavily and was rushed to the hospital.

    Was I wrong?
    Sorry to hear about the miscarriages..I think I shared on the forum how the Lord had me minister to my daughter several years after having a miscarriage...how He affirmed he was with HIM and that she should name him..she also introduced his siblings to him and there was a great healing in her heart that day...

    My grandson's name is Andrew...can't wait to meet him.

    In the book Heaven is Real I think, the little boy said there were many children in Heaven without names...when I read that it was so affirming of the message the Lord had given me..

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

  15. #68
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanked: 3402
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    I know what the topic is, but got confused as to how babies that will be born dead are equated with perfectly healthy babies born with a defect. That was what I was responding to.
    Oh...got cha...

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

  17. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Sorry to hear about the miscarriages..I think I shared on the forum how the Lord had me minister to my daughter several years after having a miscarriage...how He affirmed he was with HIM and that she should name him..she also introduced his siblings to him and there was a great healing in her heart that day...

    My grandson's name is Andrew...can't wait to meet him.

    In the book Heaven is Real I think, the little boy said there were many children in Heaven without names...when I read that it was so affirming of the message the Lord had given me..
    Thank you. It was my first pregnancy and I was 10 weeks so it was a heartbeat one week, and nothing the next. The point I was trying to make was that my SIL considered a D&C an abortion and preferred to let nature take it's course. Although, I didn't agree with that, and we never discussed it. I always wondered what she thought about what I did.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

  19. #70
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,921
    Thanked: 3402
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan View Post
    Thank you. It was my first pregnancy and I was 10 weeks so it was a heartbeat one week, and nothing the next. The point I was trying to make was that my SIL considered a D&C an abortion and preferred to let nature take it's course. Although, I didn't agree with that, and we never discussed it. I always wondered what she thought about what I did.
    A baby that has already died being removed is not abortion...sorry to hear she did not understand that..but I have heard stories where a baby was presumed dead but was actually not, their heart beats were muffled for some reason..

    If asked I would suggest a second opinion ...then go the D&C to remove what is obviously dead tissue.

    Maybe one day the two of you could talk about it...but it sounds like her body naturally did what the D&C did or at least her body tried to...was she OK afterward?

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    curly sue (09-24-2015), FresnoJoe (09-27-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Chevrolet Cruze warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.