Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 395

Thread: So I just heard TD Jakes tell a couple to get divorced...

  1. #41
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    14,038
    Thanked: 5450
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Maybe you need to clarify what you mean when you say ''It means that the person is no longer in the new covenant with the Lord if he turns back to the unbelief. You may call that whatever you want.'
    Unbelief means unbelief, it does not mean sin.

    Faith means faith, it does not mean "lack of sin" nor "doing righteousness".

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015)

  3. #42
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    But where in the program did Bishop Jakes tell her her divorce was justified ?
    Based on fuego's analysis of the conclusion..

    "But anyway, to make a long story short, he said this woman married way to soon, had not had time to process her other hurt etc, and told the guy some stuff and the final solution was that he needed to walk away and they needed to get the divorce because it was too soon for her." My emphasis

    If accurate, that implies justification...

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015)

  5. #43
    Considered worse than is not the same as IS an infidel...so treating someone like an unbeliever and them actually being one are not the same thing. Besides that is speaking of how the church does correction, not how a spouse views a spouse..I believe to take scriptures out of context and try to interpret what scripture says regarding marriage and divorce is not a good idea and not sound exegetical Bible study.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Believers are not permitted to leave (except for adultery and even then there is a better way)...an unbeliever is permitted to leave US...

    Acting worse than an infidel is not to actually BE an infidel...so no..
    Quest please cool your temper :)

    So on one hand we should apply scriptures based on whether or not party in question is a believer or an unbeliever but on the other hand we should ignore scriptures pertaining to church correction ... i see


    he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel
    So has a person who hath denied the faith an infidel or just acting like one?


    In all sincerity I share your concerns about trivializing marriage but legalism isn't the answer either .. You clearly seem to operate under the assumption that marriage is our biggest calling in life to which everything else is secondary but I don't see that in the scriptures . An unwilling spouse is an unwilling spouse believer or not . Thw willing spouse live under an incredible amount of torment either way tahts why Paul concludes by saying we are called to PEACE

    15Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace. ..

    Our call to Peace supercedes our call to Marriage all things being equal ...

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015), krystian (09-17-2015), Michelle (09-18-2015)

  7. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Based on fuego's analysis of the conclusion..

    "But anyway, to make a long story short, he said this woman married way to soon, had not had time to process her other hurt etc, and told the guy some stuff and the final solution was that he needed to walk away and they needed to get the divorce because it was too soon for her." My emphasis

    If accurate, that implies justification...
    Yeah but that was after trying relentlessly to make her see reason

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015)

  9. #45
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    I watched the video and fuego is dead on..

    He psychoanalyzed why their marriage was a mistake and said they would be happier divorced..

    Apparently TD has just started his own Dr. Phil show...as was said earlier...he asked nothing about their faith...is there a presumption these are Christians? if so he should address it Biblically but the problem with that is if he did his show would be canceled in a heart beat..

    Shame on him...

    Telling two people they just should not have gotten married so divorce is the answer is UNBIBLICAL...

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015)

  11. #46
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    Yeah but that was after trying relentlessly to make her see reason
    He was relentlessly trying to get to the root of her marital expectations, that money is not the real reason....He was very ecstatic when he said, Now we found the problem! from that moment on he sympathizes and assures her and her husband that divorce is a good idea and that they married for the wrong reasons and not once suggests they seek the Lord to help them heal and have a good marriage...he didn't even suggest counseling...and turns to comforting her husband by telling him essentially she does not really love you and you deserve someone who does..

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015)

  13. #47
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Unbelief means unbelief, it does not mean sin.

    Faith means faith, it does not mean "lack of sin" nor "doing righteousness".
    We all lack faith from time to time...does that make us UNBELIEVERS? No the context implies an infidel..a non Christian..not just someone whose faith falters...that does not make an INFIDEL.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015)

  15. #48
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    14,038
    Thanked: 5450
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    We all lack faith from time to time...does that make us UNBELIEVERS? No the context implies an infidel..a non Christian..not just someone whose faith falters...that does not make an INFIDEL.
    I said "turn to unbelief" as in rejecting the faith and disowning Jesus. Unless you have become a believer in OSAS lately, you should have no problem accepting that as implying that the person is no longer in the new covenant with God.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015)

  17. #49
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    I said "turn to unbelief" as in rejecting the faith and disowning Jesus. Unless you have become a believer in OSAS lately, you should have no problem accepting that as implying that the person is no longer in the new covenant with God.
    I stated....either not born again or having become reprobate...which is also the view that I took on the VW thread regarding losing salvation..

    So regarding marriage and divorce one is an unbeliever ONLY if they are in one of those two categories...And reprobate has very specific definition..someone who knows the truth and has allowed their conscience to be seared to the point they can no longer be convicted by Holy Spirit.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015)

  19. #50
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    14,038
    Thanked: 5450
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    I stated....either not born again or having become reprobate...which is also the view that I took on the VW thread regarding losing salvation..

    So regarding marriage and divorce one is an unbeliever ONLY if they are in one of those two categories...And reprobate has very specific definition..someone who knows the truth and has allowed their conscience to be seared to the point they can no longer be convicted by Holy Spirit.
    Never mind the details pertaining to loss of salvation. The point is that someone's entry into the new covenant can be rendered void and someone's entry into a marriage covenant can be rendered void. It's not an eternal per-default like our existence as human spirits is once we have been conceived.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-20-2015), Michelle (09-18-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
You can avoid major, expensive repair costs with an extended service plan for your Pontiac. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your vehicle.