Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 395

Thread: So I just heard TD Jakes tell a couple to get divorced...

  1. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    The argument posed as the end all of this topic is the strawman..not your experience..

    God who is the God of mercy authored His Word..
    Yes He did and doesn't want His children to be abused because He is so merciful.

    I am sympathetic that you were in an abusive relationship..but I learned that experience does not determine truth so despite the fact that I know some have had really bad experiences speaking the truth that sets us free is a necessity for me.
    I did learn and speak the truth that set me free. Free from a farce of a marriage full of abuse and humiliation.

    Had I known you then and had an opportunity to come along side you through that I would have encouraged you to seek safety and remain submitted and prayerful to the Lord who promises to work all things for your good and allow HIM to deal with your husband in whatever manner HE saw fit..
    To let love for God and husband rule your heart and trust GOD to intervene...not divorce.
    I did trust God to intervene and He did. I'm no longer with my abuser and never have to submit myself to that ever again.

    And the greatest thing is that God is not mad at me for it! He is smiling at me, His beloved daughter, because I became courageous and wise enough to rise above.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  3. #352
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Quest, there are men present. You should not attempt to teach men, you know very well that the letter of scripture declares that as a command from the Lord. Now be silent.
    Separate debate with it's own biblical considerations...does not pertain to divorce therefore it is irrelevant.
    Another strawman argument that proves noting ..

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  5. #353
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Quest, THAT is NOT what I had in mind when I told you to be silent.
    Since you are not my husband you have no say ..

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-29-2015)

  7. #354
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    But if you had known what this means, ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless.

    That is God talking. He desires mercy rather than people sacrificing themselves.
    Are you saying Jesus and God are not merciful? That Jesus was not speaking from a position of mercy? That Paul's instructions were not that of mercy?

    I believe when God instructs me to do something I am to ASSUME His instruction is coming from LOVE and mercy since that is HIS character.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (10-04-2015)

  9. #355
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BAP View Post
    Yes but what about the scripture that says that while your first husband remains alive you remain married to him ?

    You still never clarified your stance on perpetual adultery which is what your continuing in your second marriage would be :)

    Or do the scriptures apply to other people but not to you .. ??
    I stated it in my testimony...When God brought me to my knees in repentance for my divorce I asked Him what now? Both my ex and myself had remarried...there was no going back...but there was a keen awareness of my hardened heart and the damage I did...

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (10-04-2015)

  11. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Does that change the truth of God's word, wisdom and power? No...
    Of course not. Nothing changes that.

    Have you ever known a psychopathic person who is filled with rage? Have you lived in fear for your safety...your very life?

    God's word, wisdom and power can set a person free from a psychopath and from fear.

    I know it's true...He did it for me.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Michelle For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (10-04-2015)

  13. #357
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    14,076
    Thanked: 5486
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Separate debate with it's own biblical considerations...does not pertain to divorce therefore it is irrelevant.
    Another strawman argument that proves noting ..
    It's not a strawman argument because it pertains to your credibility when discussing scripture in general. You are the one who has defined lettermindedness as absolute truth but only when it suits you.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (10-04-2015)

  15. #358
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    14,076
    Thanked: 5486
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    I stated it in my testimony...When God brought me to my knees in repentance for my divorce I asked Him what now? Both my ex and myself had remarried...there was no going back...but there was a keen awareness of my hardened heart and the damage I did...
    You could have divorced him and returned to your former husband or at the very least remained single. That "divorce" would merely have been a formality since it would really just have ended your adultery. Again, this is a matter of dealing with scripture the way you yourself choose to do.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (10-04-2015)

  17. #359
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    14,076
    Thanked: 5486
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Since you are not my husband you have no say ..
    1 Cor 14:34 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.
    35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
    36 Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached?
    37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.

    I don't even need to be a man to command you to be silent based on the letter of scripture.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (10-04-2015)

  19. #360
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Yes He did and doesn't want His children to be abused because He is so merciful.

    He was also merciful when He sent Paul to Rome...Michele God has higher plans than our temporal happiness...and only when we align with His will and submit to His Lordship do we see that played out in those hard places of our life...He is able to comfort and encourage through the hardest of situations.
    When GOD who is love and merdiful and faithful gives us an instruction and we ask Him, How Lord..we can rest assured love motivated that instruction even if for the moment it is ever so painful.


    I did learn and speak the truth that set me free. Free from a farce of a marriage full of abuse and humiliation.

    Truths of God's word don't oppose each other...they compliment.....the same truth that affirms who we are in Christ does not then contradict His other truth regarding divorce.
    I did trust God to intervene and He did. I'm no longer with my abuser and never have to submit myself to that ever again.

    If your abuser chose to leave you then I would say yes, God intervened..if you are saying God told YOU to divorce I have to respectfully disagree...God does not contradict Himself...

    And the greatest thing is that God is not mad at me for it! He is smiling at me, His beloved daughter, because I became courageous and wise enough to rise above.
    Yes you are His beloved daughter...

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (10-04-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Nissan Versa warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.