Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 395

Thread: So I just heard TD Jakes tell a couple to get divorced...

  1. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    27 pages and still the only counter is emotional what if's...that deny the power of God to intervene on behalf of a woman or man of faith and prayer and unconditional love...
    My story is not a what if. It's an absolute fact.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michelle For This Useful Post:

    CatchyUsername (09-28-2015), FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  3. #272
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,479
    Thanked: 4688
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    27 pages and still the only counter is emotional what if's...that deny the power of God to intervene on behalf of a woman or man of faith and prayer and unconditional love...
    I posted the link earlier but I think you'd find these folks in agreement with you.

    https://www.rejoiceministries.org/re...tions-answers/

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to John For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  5. #273
    Know what, Quest? My grandmother wasn't bitter....at all. She prayed to God for years to deliver her husband, even when he broke covenant and went with other women.

    But when you have a religious system where lies are coming from our ministers, that force women into servitude and poverty,then that gives rise to something that will fill a void and a vacuum. How you can be so trite about this, I have no idea.

    I am fascinated with the show, "Do You Know Who You Are?" because it examines people's ancestry. And what I have seen, time and time again, is how iniquitous patterns literally go from generation to generation. And one thing is for certain. Women living in 1910 who had 6 children, and a man that abandoned them, didn't have much choice at all. The only women who had much of a choice at all, were the very wealthy. Many women had to LITERALLY abandon their children, and work as a servant for a wealthy person or in a factory, many miles away. Their children went to live in a "children's home" if they didn't have relatives that could take them in. The woman then only saw her children on weekends. This was VERY COMMON. And for you to glibly talk about bitterness, as if every person on planet earth is a Christian....

    That culture most certainly did cause bitterness, and it gave rise to women with a big mouth like Margaret Sanger. If you don't believe many of these women I talk about loved God, you are sadly mistaken. But they knew something was VERY *OFF* about it. Oh sure...they kept the faith and they stayed in Church, but they were broken, battered, wounded, and unhealed. If you think that this system you are referring to fosters freedom, I'd have to strongly disagree. Again, you sit here in 2015, saying this stuff glibly, but it ain't so easy when you have to walk it out.

    Well, that's enough for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Culture does not cause bitterness...turning from God and believing a lie does...

    God's instructions t us don't either...bitterness is a choice..

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CatchyUsername For This Useful Post:

    curly sue (09-28-2015), FaithfulOne (09-28-2015), FresnoJoe (09-28-2015), Michelle (09-28-2015)

  7. #274
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I know people who believe just that, consider the second and even third marriage to be void.

    That's them, if they are led of the Holy Spirit in that area, ok, no problem, it isn't a law though, there is room for leaving, no condemnation regardless.
    And the woman whose husband won't work
    And the man whose wife won't clean the house and take care of the kids
    And the husband who hangs with his buddies when off work and won't help with the kids
    And the wife who hangs with her girlfriends and leaves her husband with the kids

    Like I said..when you remove the boundaries of scripture..you have no boundaries...and that is exactly what the 'church' did..

    God placed the boundaries and then promised to empower us to maintain them...we opt to just remove them instead..that is far easier to actually dying to ourselves for another..

    I can just die a little for my neighbor or just a litte

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  9. #275
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    14,038
    Thanked: 5450
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    As my head is being slammed onto the floor so hard it bounces up and back down again, as my eye is swelling shut and bleeding from the split in my eyelid, as blood is pouring down my face from the remote that was just thrown at me, as I was kicked so hard in the stomach my breath was knocked from me, as my children watched it happen.......

    I am supposed to believe you that this is God's will and plan for me?

    I don't think so. I know my Father's heart and He is a good Father.
    Unless he steps in supernaturally and turns everything around. If he doesn't, then it is. This is "God is sovereign" thinking combined with "Letter-ism" into the Christian version of Islam. The Saudi Arabian cleric and resident that Swedish television interviewed on hidden camera about those things would have been well pleased. He was the worst and like Calvin on Calvinism, he was true to the Medieval version of Islam.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015), Michelle (09-28-2015)

  11. #276
    Quest, I'm always astonished at your responses. I absolutely agree that a woman should pray and have faith for her husband. But if he shows no signs or repentance and does not seek help or get deliverance, your counsel is for the woman in question to put herself at risk, or be in perpetual marriage purgatory, literally until one of them dies.

    That is what we are talking about. You are responding as if we are all being knee-jerk and unreasonable, as if the abusive spouse never simply makes up his or her mind to simply not respond to the Holy Spirit. Just jerk the spouse around and keep them in marriage purgatory. It's unfathomable....

    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    27 pages and still the only counter is emotional what if's...that deny the power of God to intervene on behalf of a woman or man of faith and prayer and unconditional love...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to CatchyUsername For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  13. #277
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    Know what, Quest? My grandmother wasn't bitter....at all. She prayed to God for years to deliver her husband, even when he broke covenant and went with other women.

    But when you have a religious system where lies are coming from our ministers, that force women into servitude and poverty,then that gives rise to something that will fill a void and a vacuum. How you can be so trite about this, I have no idea.

    I am fascinated with the show, "Do You Know Who You Are?" because it examines people's ancestry. And what I have seen, time and time again, is how iniquitous patterns literally go from generation to generation. And one thing is for certain. Women living in 1910 who had 6 children, and a man that abandoned them, didn't have much choice at all. The only women who had much of a choice at all, were the very wealthy. Many women had to LITERALLY abandon their children, and work as a servant for a wealthy person or in a factory, many miles away. Their children went to live in a "children's home" if they didn't have relatives that could take them in. The woman then only saw her children on weekends. This was VERY COMMON. And for you to glibly talk about bitterness, as if every person on planet earth is a Christian....

    That culture most certainly did cause bitterness, and it gave rise to women with a big mouth like Margaret Sanger. If you don't believe many of these women I talk about loved God, you are sadly mistaken. But they knew something was VERY *OFF* about it. Oh sure...they kept the faith and they stayed in Church, but they were broken, battered, wounded, and unhealed. If you think that this system you are referring to fosters freedom, I'd have to strongly disagree. Again, you sit here in 2015, saying this stuff glibly, but it ain't so easy when you have to walk it out.

    Well, that's enough for now.
    The Bible says otherwise Catchy..


    Ephesians 4:31

    Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil-speaking, be put away from you, with all malice,



    Hebrews 12:15
    11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

    12 Therefore, strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble, 13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed.

    14 Pursue peace with all men, and the sanctification without which no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled; 16 that there be no immoral or godless person like Esau, who sold his own birthright for a single meal. 17 For you know that even afterwards, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no place for repentance, though he sought for it with tears.

    Bitterness is a choice for the believer...

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  15. #278
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    Quest, I'm always astonished at your responses. I absolutely agree that a woman should pray and have faith for her husband. But if he shows no signs or repentance and does not seek help or get deliverance, your counsel is for the woman in question to put herself at risk, or be in perpetual marriage purgatory, literally until one of them dies.

    That is what we are talking about. You are responding as if we are all being knee-jerk and unreasonable, as if the abusive spouse never simply makes up his or her mind to simply not respond to the Holy Spirit. Just jerk the spouse around and keep them in marriage purgatory. It's unfathomable....
    You left out the unconditional love part.....

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  17. #279
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,863
    Thanked: 3342
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    Unless he steps in supernaturally and turns everything around. If he doesn't, then it is. This is "God is sovereign" thinking combined with "Letter-ism" into the Christian version of Islam. The Saudi Arabian cleric and resident that Swedish television interviewed on hidden camera about those things would have been well pleased. He was the worst and like Calvin on Calvinism, he was true to the Medieval version of Islam.
    This is faith and love and obedience to scripture...

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

  19. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchyUsername View Post
    Quest, I'm always astonished at your responses. I absolutely agree that a woman should pray and have faith for her husband. But if he shows no signs or repentance and does not seek help or get deliverance, your counsel is for the woman in question to put herself at risk, or be in perpetual marriage purgatory, literally until one of them dies.

    That is what we are talking about. You are responding as if we are all being knee-jerk and unreasonable, as if the abusive spouse never simply makes up his or her mind to simply not respond to the Holy Spirit. Just jerk the spouse around and keep them in marriage purgatory. It's unfathomable....

    Astonished is indeed the correct word.

    Hopefully Quest will respond to the questions posed to her about whether or not she would consider going back to her first husband if feasible ?

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BAP For This Useful Post:

    CatchyUsername (09-28-2015), FresnoJoe (09-28-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Chevrolet Cruze warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.