Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Black Christians and the "Black Lives Matters" Movement

  1. #1

    Black Christians and the "Black Lives Matters" Movement

    Black Christians and the "Black Lives Matters" Movement

    From my blog:

    http://victoriouswordchurch.blogspot...ack-lives.html

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to victoryword For This Useful Post:

    krystian (08-29-2015)

  3. #2
    I think the author of that article would approve of its entire content being published here, so allow me as some folk aren't link clickers. ;)



    Black Christians and the "Black Lives Matters" Movement

    To my fellow Christians who happen to be Black like me: I allowed myself to get involved in a discussion on Facebook (initiated by a post by a well-known pastor) in which there was a debate over the limitations and focus of the currently popular phrase "Black lives matter". I am not a man with any world-wide influence but I would like to plead with the few whose ears I MIGHT have. Let's not get caught up with the way non-Christians, including non-Christian Blacks, handle racism. We are not to be conformed to this world but to be conformed to the character of Christ (Rom. 12:1-3; Matt. 5:44-48; Luke 6:32-36).

    I realize that there are incidents of white police killing Blacks but please recognize that all murder, be it white cops killing young Black men, Blacks killing Blacks, whites killing whites, etc. has its origin in Satan, the original murderer (John 8:44; 1 John 3:12). Let's not allow ourselves to become hateful and angry in return for the wrongs we perceive have been done and are being done to our community. Let's not make this into an "Us-Only" thing. Christians MUST continue to walk in love and unity with all people from all walks of life. Blacks not committed to Christ will not understand the message of Christ and often believe that retaliation and victimization is the only recourse.

    Please do not misunderstand me. I believe that we MUST speak out when there is injustice. However, I refuse to limit my speaking out against injustice to only those who share my same skin color. I love my fellow Blacks, I love my white friend, my Latino friends, my Asian friends, and every other person from every walk of life. Therefore, if a white cop unjustly shoots a young Black man, I stand with everyone else in protesting this horrible injustice. But I will not do it with malice, hatred, or violence. I will do it with love for man and hatred for injustice. If a Black man unjusticely kills a white, I will speak out with the same desire to se justice done. Christ created all men from ONE BLOOD and He died for all men because He loves all men. Let us emulate our Lord and not how non-Christian Black activists tell us we must act.

    Some years ago one of my closest friends, who happens to be a Black pastor experienced some hatred. The hatred was from an African American who was angry with Africans because he believed that it was the Africans that sold us as slaves to the white man. You see, my friend is from LIBERIA. However, because of the great move of God that was happening in his church the man fell under conviction, repented, and confessed his sin of hatred to this pastor. If anyone is not fully aware, many of the Liberians are the descendants of the freed slaves of America who were sent to Liberia to start fresh after having lived in slavery. However, this young African American was blaming ALL AFRICANS for what happened to our ancestors, including Africans who were descendants of the freed slaves.

    Do you see my point? We can make the mistake of becoming bitter and angry with EVERYONE whose skin pigmentation does not match our own because of what some who share their skin pigmentation have done to some who share ours just like the man above did not make a distinction between which Africans sold our ancestors as slaves (and there are numerous African nations on the CONTINENT of Africa). Our carelessness in allowing anger, bitterness, hatred, etc. will prevent us from serving our community in the way that God desires and approves and will lead to an idolatry that worships the color of our skin over the CREATOR of our skin color. The only way to overcome racism is to have God on our side. If we drive Him out through our desire for retaliation, retribution, or even recognition then we will be fighting against a powerful enemy using only our flesh (Eph. 6:10-18' 2 Cor. 10:3-5). We are destined to lose such a battle. We need CHRIST to overcome hatred, not fleshly methods and mottos such as the self-focused "Black lives matter."

    One of the men at the top of my list of "heroes" (to use the term very loosely) is Martin Luther King. Many claim to admire him but most have forgotten his primary message. His message was one of LOVE and RACIAL UNITY. It was not one of inclusivism and racial discord. King said, "We must learn to live together as brothers or we will perish together as fools." King also said, "Let no man pull you so low as to hate him." Remember, I am speaking only to Blacks who claim to be "born again" Christians. Those who don't know Christ cannot understand this message. However, if you know Christ, repent of your sin of hating your fellow man, love him, and take a bold stand for justice FOR ALL MEN!!!!!

    I love you in Christ Jesus. Peace.

  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    Cardinal TT (08-30-2015), CatchyUsername (08-30-2015), Catsrus (08-30-2015), njtom (08-30-2015), Quest (08-31-2015), Romans828 (08-30-2015), wheeze (08-30-2015)

  5. #3
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,628
    Thanked: 4869
    Good word VW! Thank you.

  6. #4
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,740
    Thanked: 4784
    Blog Entries
    2
    That message needs to go on Charisma for many to read

  7. #5
    Thanks Krystian, John and Cardinal TT. BTW Cardinal, think you can get me a hearing at the Vatican

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    That message needs to go on Charisma for many to read
    How does that work? Do you just submit an article and hope they accept it?

  9. #7
    Senior Member wheeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,436
    Thanked: 833
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    How does that work? Do you just submit an article and hope they accept it?
    u could but good luck doing it. charisma has their inner circle and nobdy shall enter it sadly....

  10. #8
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,740
    Thanked: 4784
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeze View Post
    u could but good luck doing it. charisma has their inner circle and nobdy shall enter it sadly....

    Some of the articles are ...........

  11. #9
    Don't Ban me Bro! John's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5,628
    Thanked: 4869
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeze View Post
    u could but good luck doing it. charisma has their inner circle and nobdy shall enter it sadly....

    Yeah, the way it works is..

    you buy some ads..

    buy some more ads...

    buy some more ads..

    phone rings

    you say hello

    I was involved with publication printing back in the day, remember paper?

  12. #10
    Senior Member Cardinal TT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6,740
    Thanked: 4784
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    How does that work? Do you just submit an article and hope they accept it?

    I have no idea

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Has your Toyota Corolla warranty expired? Get a fast online quote from CarWarrantyUS today. Enjoy the open road and leave the repairs to us.