Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Should Christians Wear Bikinis?

  1. #11
    Christian men should not wear bikinis, Christian women should wear thongs.


    (Yep, Krystian needs to change her password before woffie destroys her reputation)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to krystian For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (07-29-2015)

  3. #12
    Senior Member FresnoJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Elgin, IL
    Posts
    188
    Thanked: 114

  4. #13
    Moderation in all things. Is it what you want to be wearing when you meet Jesus face to face?

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsrus For This Useful Post:

    curly sue (07-30-2015), FresnoJoe (08-01-2015), Quest (07-30-2015)

  6. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsrus View Post
    Moderation in all things. Is it what you want to be wearing when you meet Jesus face to face?

    Are they banned in heaven :biggrin:

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardinal TT For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  8. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal TT View Post
    Are they banned in heaven :biggrin:
    Well, Adam and Eve didn't feel shame about their uncovered bodies until they sinned, so perhaps in heaven, we won't feel such shame, and neither will we lust, so there might be no need for coverings.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to njtom For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  10. #16
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,617
    Thanked: 3166
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by njtom View Post
    Well, Adam and Eve didn't feel shame about their uncovered bodies until they sinned, so perhaps in heaven, we won't feel such shame, and neither will we lust, so there might be no need for coverings.
    That makes sense...all spirit beings in the Bible had on some kind of covering but that could be for our 'human' benefit.

    But wearing them hear and now ...well I believe for me that falls into the category of causing another to stumble by MY liberty..

    Now I admit that stumbling can be from lust or disgust...and a lady does not tell...

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  12. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    That makes sense...all spirit beings in the Bible had on some kind of covering but that could be for our 'human' benefit.

    But wearing them hear and now ...well I believe for me that falls into the category of causing another to stumble by MY liberty..

    Now I admit that stumbling can be from lust or disgust...and a lady does not tell...
    Yes, in the hear and now, we ought to exhibit modesty, not because there is anything intrinsically bad about the uncovered human form, but because we live, not on an isolated island, but within a society that has ingrained feelings of shame, lust, and disgust regarding such matters. To consider only my own feelings, and not the feelings of others, is selfishness.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to njtom For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  14. #18
    Super Moderator Quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Ashville, Alabama
    Posts
    5,617
    Thanked: 3166
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
    When i was in Ethiopia in 2006 we drove past a teenage boy who was standing by the side of the road butt naked. He seemed unaware of there being something odd about that but it could be an ingrained cultural thing. I don't really buy it when people of any culture run around butt naked but it seems to me that some cultures are content with covering up their crotches and leaving it at that, not really caring about covering up women's breasts. In my mind they probably have less of a problem with relating to that than a lot of cultures have about relating to people in full clothing. To some Muslims, seeing a woman's whole head including her face and hair would be more of a problem. He associates that with men, children and his wife at home being open to having sex with him at any time, so it becomes a problem when he sees that in public and it's not even a relative. When some African tribesmen look at some or other woman's naked breasts they basically see nothing in particular.
    Good point..there are some and it would seem they actually have less issues with sexual immorality? I can't say that for a fact but am wondering now that you mention it...

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Quest For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  16. #19
    Senior Member Colonel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    12,094
    Thanked: 4546
    Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    Good point..there are some and it would seem they actually have less issues with sexual immorality? I can't say that for a fact but am wondering now that you mention it...
    I think African tribes and regions vary a lot on that so I can't say for sure how their choice of attire affects that. It is quite possible that some of them walk around close to naked and at the same time penalize those who commit adultery or even fornication heavily.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Colonel For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-01-2015)

  18. #20
    Senior Member wheeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,436
    Thanked: 833
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by krystian View Post
    Christian men should not wear bikinis, Christian women should wear thongs.


    (Yep, Krystian needs to change her password before woffie destroys her reputation)

    thongs? been awhile since ive seen that subject come up..... soooooo we're gonna go through the thong and dance routine again?
    Last edited by wheeze; 08-11-2015 at 09:44 AM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to wheeze For This Useful Post:

    FresnoJoe (08-23-2015)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Stop worrying about expensive repair bills costs with an extended warranty for your Saturn. Many vehicle repairs can cost thousands of dollars in unexpected expense, now may be the time to consider an extended service plan for your vehicle.